PUBLISHED: May 11, 2020
DAZZLE ROCKS, Helsinki, Finland
As a backend engineer at Dazzle Rocks you will get to work with modern technology and enjoy the freedom in decision making, helping us build highly available backend systems. We are looking for someone with a broad technical knowledge and interest in highly scalable distributed systems, cloud operations and mobile games.
- Drive feature implementation from design to deployment and monitoring
- Collaborate with our game team, designers and engineers to make sure we deliver the best experience for our players
- Build high-availability, distributed game service architectures and services
- Contribute and share knowledge in an inclusive manner
- Design, develop and test data-oriented Elixir-code
- Create authoring tools for data analysts and designers to work with large data-sets
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field, such as computer science, mathematics or physics
- Eager to solve complex problems
- Great interpersonal communication skills
- Highly motivated, driven to go above and beyond
- Ability to self manage and to work together as a team
- 5+ years of agile backend development
- Interest in Elixir/Phoenix/OTP/Erlang
- Knowledge of SQL and NoSQL database engines
- Experience working with AWS
- Continuous development/deployment
- Network programming experience
- Distributed systems programming
- Interest in functional programming
- Mobile game (backend) development
- Startup experience
- Web front end experience
- Native mobile (c++/objc/swift/java/kotlin) experience
How to apply
Send your application to email@example.com
Include a short cover letter, CV and portfolio (if applicable) to your email. All art roles should have a link to visual portfolio. Technical roles should include a link to Github or other work samples.
Only applications that contain above information will be considered. We look forward to hearing from you!
About Dazzle Rocks
We are building an upcoming social MMO game for the mobile and beyond. We are taking the real-time gameplay, world-building, and shared persistent universe to a new level and will revolutionize the Sandbox MMO genre.
We are a growing international team with experience in building successful mobile games, distributed game server technology, and an ambitious and fun working culture. Our latest game is soon entering public beta and we are now looking for pioneering, start-up minded people to join us!