PUBLISHED: December 14, 2017
YOUSICIAN, Helsinki, Finland
At Yousician, our job is to reimagine music education, so everyone can play. We’ve built an amazing team of creative, passionate, and independent people, all working together to help millions of musicians learn, play, reach their goals, and have fun. If this sounds like the right mission for you, you’re in the right place!
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
Developing the largest and fastest-growing music education app in the world is a real challenge, but very rewarding. You will be working closely with game (app) developers and music educators on new functionality by extending and improving the Backend of Yousician.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Design and implement new, and extend and improve, APIs, mainly writing Python. Includes changes and extensions to databases, background processes, and other infrastructure. At times you are also expected to make smaller changes to application code, in C#. It’s expected that you also contribute to the specifications of new features.
- Use a test-driven approach, and write well-documented tests with good coverage.
- Performance considerations and scalability are always on your mind and you make sensible trade-offs between performance, readability and maintenance, and resource usage. This requires a good understanding of, and some real-world experience with, MongoDB.
- Active participation in code reviews. But also an open mind to the processes we use, and suggest improvements.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You have experience in working with backend (our stack: Python, Flask, AWS, MongoDB).
- You are experienced in REST based API development.
- You are experienced with databases (MongoDB).
- You are familiar with cloud services (Amazon AWS).
- You have some experience in Front-end development (HTML, CSS, JS).
- You are able to work in a small team (taking ownership of major parts of the product).
- You learn fast, work independently and get things done.
- Young, ambitious hackers are very welcome.
WHAT WE OFFER
- You’ll have a meaningful and profound impact on the lives of millions of musicians and future musicians all around the world.
- You’ll get a competitive compensation package – salary, stock options, crazy perks – and work in an awesome new office in the heart of Helsinki.
- We have lots of perks and quirks: daily push-up sessions, bonus for sport activities, jam sessions (with more instruments than you can shake a drumstick at!), board game tournaments and sauna evenings, and our famous Greece, Thailand and Tenerife work-retreats.
HOW TO APPLY
- Send us your application and CV (in English). Let’s make the world a more musical place together! Everyone who comes to a personal interview at our office gets an ukulele. #rockon
Yousician is the largest and fastest growing music education company in the world, with millions of users worldwide. Based in Helsinki, Finland, Yousician develops high-tech interactive software for learning guitar, piano, bass, and ukulele. Yousician provides real-time feedback on how you’re playing, combining the addictive features of computer games with songs and exercises to make the learning process easy, fun and motivating.Yousician also develops the world’s #1 guitar tuner app Guitar Tuna (iOS, Android, WP) and has won numerous international business awards including WIRED’s hottest Finnish start-up, SXSW, Midem, Launch.edu, and educational awards such as Sunday Times ‘World’s best apps’ and Best European Learning Game. We’re hiring, so come join an amazing team and help us make the world a more musical place!