Backend Developer FINGERSOFT / Oulu, Finland
PUBLISHED: August 18, 2022
WHAT WE’RE AFTER
We’re looking for a backend / C++ server-side programmer to join our Hill Climb Racing 2 game development team in Oulu. Ideally, you have been developing server-side components at work or as a hobby for some years.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for developing new features with the client development team
- Maintain the existing database
- React and fix errors and issues
- Keep the live game running
What we wish from you:
- You’re a talented C++ programmer with several years of experience making server-side components, at work or otherwise.
- You should have at least 3 years of C++ programming experience.
- You have experience developing for Linux environment using standard tools and open source libraries.
- You’re analytical, highly organized and detail-oriented.
- You have a good understanding of low-level network protocols (TCP, UDP) and network level security.
- You love making games, have ideas and can execute them into reality. You work independently as well as in a team.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Exceptional employee experience – In a recent employee survey, our eNPS was 86 which is considered exceptionally high!
- Fair salary and seriously great benefits.
- Easy going and relaxed atmosphere.
- Passionate co-workers of various fields.
- The opportunity to develop your field inside a growing company.
- A position in one of the top gaming companies in Finland.
- Comprehensive relocation support.
WE ALSO APPRECIATE
- Bash, C#, Python.
- NoSQL databases.
- Unity3D experience.
- Gaming as a hobby.
- Game demos.
If you think you could be a great match for the position, don’t hesitate to drop us your CV. Please add your salary request. Send your application ASAP since the first suitable candidate will be hired.
Want to know more about Fingersoft and this position? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Company
GOOD GAMES | GREAT PEOPLE
We are best known for the mobile smash hits “Hill Climb Racing” and “Hill Climb Racing 2”, which have a combined total of over 1.9 Billion installs across all platforms – However, despite our huge audience, we keep things small and personal, with a strong focus on maintaining a relaxed, casual, and informal work atmosphere.
Today we employ more than 100 people from all corners of the globe. Our company slogan is “Good Games | Great People” and we truly believe that the pure essence of what makes Fingersoft, Fingersoft – Is its people. A unique and diverse bunch of battle-hardened professionals at the top of their fields, each united by a love of making amazing video games and having a good laugh.
- Gear of your choice
- Flexible hours with a focus on having a solid work/life balance
- Health & Dental care, free massage monthly
- Lunch benefit on top of your salary
- Bike & commuting benefits
- Free snacks, fruit & beverages at the office
- Yearly education, sport & culture allowance
- Company sporting events, Friday sauna, free usage of company gym
- Phone & Internet benefit
- Modern office at the city center of Oulu & Helsinki
- Relocation assistance