Back-end Engineer SCIPLAY / Helsinki / Oulu, Finland
PUBLISHED: May 9, 2022
SciPlay – Back-End Engineer – Helsinki / Oulu, Finland
SciPlay’s studio located in Finland is growing and looking for more great talent! We are looking for experienced, deeply motivated and passionate Back-End Engineer to join our studio. You want to be part of building high quality mobile games to serve rising needs of players, create long lasting memories for the players, challenge yourself and enjoy working as a part of our awesome studio – all this with strong spirit, experience and passion for making games.
As a part of our studio, you are responsible of developing our existing back-end environment further and take part in developing our game titles – while always aiming higher. For being successful at SciPlay, you must be a good team player, have unique and productive approaches to programming and be in responsible of your own work. You like to face new challenges, have relaxed approach of getting things done with positive attitude, and you know how to focus on your work and make good development decisions.
SciPlay, with offices all over the world, is a leading developer and publishing of digital games on mobile and web platforms, providing highly entertaining free-to-play games that millions of people play every day for their authenticity, engagement and fun.
- All-around back-end development, integration and/or porting duties
- Taking part in developing F2P mobile games
- Understanding new technologies and technical challenges with mobile devices – finding unique approaches, with problem solving skills, to take benefit of different technologies
- Being part of creating approachable and engaging genre-defining mobile games
- Technical design, documentation, testing and supporting operations
- Being a key player in our awesome studio
- Experience with Unity and C#
- Know-how about service integrations and cloud services (e.g., AWS)
- Experience with Linux, C/C++/C# (with emphasis over C# skills, and C++ is seen as a huge plus), database programming, windows and generic network programming
- Some experience or able to learn more about binary streams & protocols, Hexadecimal, PostgreSQL, Other SQL, Linux sockets, Epoll & Poll & select, Multithreading, std::atomic, TCP & UPD and OpenSSL / similar
- Capable of developing and creating back-end environment and components, APIs, asynchronous / synchronous features, etc.
- Free-to-play, multiplayer and/or social game feature programming and know-how are big plusses – ability and willingness to learn are more important
- Willing to take part in QA and game testing activities
- Documentation and technical design skills
- Passion, pride and responsibility in your work
- Positive attitude
- New interesting challenges and approaches for making top-notch mobile games
- Relaxed working environment and flexible ways of working
- Opportunity to be part of an ice-cold focused studio and a global studio group
- Exciting and genre-defining projects to take part in
- Opportunity to learn and grow, and responsibility
- Competitive compensation, annual bonus program and other competitive benefits
- Strong commitment to work life balance
A portfolio of proven quality is a big plus while applying to this position.
Interested? Please drop us your application including CV, cover letter and portfolio at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Back-End Engineer”. Even if your skillset is not the right match for our requirements, we still want to know about all super skilled talents there are, so please drop us a line.