PUBLISHED: February 13, 2018
HOUSEMARQUE, Helsinki, Finland
Housemarque is looking for an Art Lead!
Housemarque has a track record of 20+ years of developing top-notch games with focus on tight gameplay, impeccable audiovisual execution, and technical excellence.
We think we are a perfect workplace for talented people with interest in self-development and passion for games. We are working on exceptional unannounced projects and we want you to play a part in making them happen.
Our company’s purpose is to:
- Be a great workplace, where people can develop professionally and as a person as well
- Develop games that bring joy and happiness to our gamers and fans
- Competitive salary and benefits
- A job with flexibility, responsibility and challenge
- All the help you need with relocation if you are moving to Finland from abroad
- Cool place to work with highly skilled professionals and fellow gamers
- A workplace that takes cares of the employees and gives them the opportunity to develop and flourish both professionally and as a person
As an Art Lead you will work closely with the Designers and Artists to provide visual solutions to design challenges and create finished assets. You will build good working relationships with other departments, and plan together on high level goals and break those down to smaller more manageable tasks. Your main task is to keep the art team working like a well-oiled machine.
- Self-motivation, good communication skills, and a great team-oriented attitude
- Be able to manage people, time and resources
- At least 4-5 years of experience as a Game Artist in a current generation console or a PC game project or at least one shipped title for any of the following platforms: PS4, Xbox One, Wii U, PC
- Good foundational skills of drawing and concepting ideas
- You have good understanding of requirements of current and next generation visuals
- Mentor and train junior Artists on aesthetic and production skills
- Solves problems with visual design; fills in the gaps between concept art and modeling
- Solid experience in texturing models and good understanding of creating PBR textures
- Has passion for art and is willing to learn new workflows and share the knowledge to other Artists
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Art degree (BA, MA, etc.)
- Experience with Substance Designer and Substance Painter
- Experience with Unreal Engine
Press ‘Apply Now!’ for more info and how to apply!