Art Director/Art Lead
PUBLISHED: January 29, 2020
Are you passionate about games? Do you want to be part of a world-class international game development team with true professionals in a fun atmosphere? At Ubisoft RedLynx we break boundaries. How about you?
Ubisoft RedLynx is a multiplatform game development studio located in Helsinki, one of the world’s most liveable cities. Along with the popular Trials series and the action-packed South Park: Phone Destroyer, we have developed and published more than 100 games on both mobile and console. That’s pretty unique! We’re a passionate team of over 150 people of 20+ different nationalities. As one of the biggest and oldest game studios in Finland, we focus on surprising people with the unexpected and creating impactful game experiences that stand the test of time.
We’re part of Ubisoft, a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services. Globally, that means over 17,000 enthusiastic experts tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond. Belonging to the Ubisoft family brings many benefits, including vast resources and support, plus getting to collaborate in large, exciting projects. Join us and create the unknown.
We are now looking for an
Art Director/Art Lead for an unannounced project
We have just kicked off the development of a new game based on our own new IP. As our Art Director/Art Lead in this project, you will co-create and oversee the creative direction of this game. You will translate the vision to art assets, establish the art direction and create the visual style of the game. You will lead a team of highly skilled artists with diverse backgrounds. Your work will include diving into the unknown and exploring different exciting possibilities.
We will give you the opportunity to join a recently founded team of game developers and you will get to work alongside skilled industry veterans. We offer you a key position in a project with high goals and an exciting period of growth. You will get to enjoy the network and resources of Ubisoft, but at the same time, work in an agile studio with creative freedom. We want to make unique and creative games and keep the ambition level high!
- Define the high-level creative vision of the game together with other project leads (for example the Creative Director)
- Create a unified and consistent visual style for the game
- Drive the creation of art and ensure that a unified vision is maintained and that artists have clear benchmarks for asset production
- Lead the delivery of high-quality art assets under technical and production constraints
- Implement process and pipelines within the art team
- Lead a team of artists, motivate and inspire them and support their performance with feedback
- Act as one of the key creative spokespersons for internal and external stakeholders
Our dream candidate
- Has several years of experience in various senior-level art positions in game development
- Has shipped console/PC games
- Is experienced in people management and has excellent leadership skills
- Possess a deep understanding of technical art tools and best practices
- Has a strong portfolio demonstrating a high level of artistic creativity
- Has strong 2D and 3D art skills
- Stays agile when faced with ambiguity, change, and iteration
- Knows how to positively influence and motivate others and communicates with assertiveness and impact
- Awesome projects with a lot of variety
- An open, international and massively friendly work environment full of ambitious and skilled people
- Lots of challenges and opportunities to develop yourself
- Newly renovated office space next to the services of the city’s biggest shopping center & transportation hub Tripla, within an easy commute from the city center of Helsinki
- Competitive compensation and benefits, such as wide healthcare and insurances, phone benefit, lunch vouchers, free gym, free breakfast, free games, parties, events… you name it 🙂
- Good work/life balance: We take our work very seriously, but we also respect and value our employees’ personal lives, also during high-intensity periods. And that’s why we have flexible work hours
- Relocation help
What are you waiting for? Please send your application and CV with your salary expectations. We would also like to receive a portfolio of your best work (attach images or send us a link to your personal website or online portfolio). The application period closes on February 16 but apply now because we can’t wait to meet you!