PUBLISHED: January 4, 2018
HOUSEMARQUE, Helsinki, Finland
Housemarque is looking for an Art Director!
Housemarque has a track record of 20+ years of developing top-notch games with focus on tight gameplay, impeccable audiovisual execution, and technical excellence.
We think we are a perfect workplace for talented people with interest in self-development and passion for games. We are working on exceptional unannounced projects and we want you to play a part in making them happen.
Our company’s purpose is to:
- Be a great workplace, where people can develop professionally and as a person as well
- Develop games that bring joy and happiness to our gamers and fans
- Competitive salary and benefits
- A job with flexibility, responsibility and challenge
- All the help you need with relocation if you are moving to Finland from abroad
- Cool place to work with highly skilled professionals and fellow gamers
- A workplace that takes cares of the employees and gives them the opportunity to develop and flourish both professionally and as a person
Housemarque is looking for an Art Director with proven track record and portfolio of designing games, levels and graphics styles. Your responsibility would be to create a vision of the game visuals and direct an art team towards that goal. You also would work together with an Outsource Manager in directing the look and feel of outsourced assets. You will also need to be proactive and capable of handling pressure, as well as being able to work and solve problems independently.
- At least 2 years of experience as an Art Lead/Art Director in a current generation console or PC game project
- Strong understanding of modern game graphics requirements, technologies, 3D softwares and tools
- Experience in outsourcing pipelines
- Ability to get your hands dirty and create some of the graphics by yourself
- Possess a good eye for decoration, composition, detail, light and color
- Good ey for bipedal/quadruped movement and animation
- Knowledge of storytelling and ability to design and direct cutscenes when necessary
- Be able to think visually and see the broader picture to co-ordinate effectively
- Understanding on how good-looking graphics can be used to support gameplay
- Have strong leadership skills, to motivate and direct a team
- Art degree
- 2D concepting skills
- 3D modelling skills
- Previous experience in working as an artist
- Knowledge of any other game development skills
Press ‘Apply Now!’ for more info and how to apply!