Game Programmer ICEFLAKE STUDIOS / Tampere, Finland
PUBLISHED: April 28, 2022
Iceflake Studios is looking for a Game Programmer to work with an upcoming Paradox management game title.
Iceflake Studios was founded in 2007 and over the years has developed 20 original titles for all major platforms. In 2018 we started the development of Surviving the Aftermath together with Paradox Interactive; this cooperation culminated in 2020 when Paradox acquired Iceflake Studios thus making us a first party Paradox studio.
We offer you the support of a large, internationally acclaimed studio with the perks of a small one. With us you’re not only executing tasks, but truly get your voice and opinions heard. You will be backed up with our experienced team and are surrounded by encouraging coworkers and a great atmosphere.
You will join to be part of our programming team, although you will also be in close contact with Designers, QA and Artists. We offer you support if needed, but mostly let you work autonomously making your own decisions.
What you will be doing:
- Solve interesting problems, from designing and building new systems from scratch to optimizing features to be both performant and moddable.
- Collaborate daily with other programmers, designers and artists.
- Be part of developing the next big Paradox management titles.
- Continue to level-up as a programmer by sharing knowledge through internal workshops and giving / receiving guidance and feedback with other programmers.
The skills you need to have:
- Experience with C# and Unity.
- Up to date understanding on technologies used in games.
- A sense of independence and an ability to take long-term ownership of your features.
- Ability to estimate your tasks and collaborate with technical and non-technical colleagues.
How to stand out from the crowd:
- Prior experience in the game industry.
- Experience in other programming languages.
- You take ownership of your work and have a drive for continuous improvement.
- Experience from management games either as a player or as a developer.
Our office is located within a walking distance from downtown Tampere. You will have the ability to work remotely, but due to the highly collaborative nature of the work we expect you to be able to work at the office as well.
If you think that this description matches you, we highly encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will interview candidates continuously. If you don’t match all the requirements, please demonstrate how your passion, attitude and interest in Iceflake and Paradox might compensate for this.
At Paradox Interactive we celebrate difference and care deeply about diversity and inclusion. We therefore encourage you, no matter who you are, to apply for this job if you think you’d be a great addition to our team.
Send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Use the title Game Programmer and include a portfolio of your previous projects.