Web Developer (back-end)
PUBLISHED: December 21, 2017
Want to help us in making Sanakirja.fi the No. 1 dictionary & vocabulary learning service in Finland? This is your chance: we’re looking for a (Senior) Web Developer to join our amazing team! In this role, you will be responsible of the development of our Sanakirja.fi back-ends as well as of our e-learning games backend and gamification.
– Maintaining and developing Sanakirja.fi back-ends
– Architectural design of Sanakirja.fi service back-ends
– 3+ years (responsive) web software development experience
– Extensive skills in Python (Flask), PostgreSQL
– Experienced in REST based API development
– Experienced in developing user management, access right and authentications (OAuth) and payment integrations
– Familiar with test-driven approach and ability to write well-documented tests with good coverage
– Ability to work in an agile development environment and a positive can-do attitude. You take pride in being good at what you do!
– Interest in languages and eLearning is considered a plus
– Experience in Git / GitHub / CircleCI / Heroku is a considered as a plus
– Interest in games and gamification
What we offer
– A front row seat in developing the number one dictionary and vocabulary learning service in Finland
– Flexible working hours and a relaxed atmosphere
– Laptop, phone and tablet of your choice
Interested? If yes, please submit your application on-line by January 15th, 2018. All communication and applications will be treated confidentially. For more information about the position, please contact Arja Martikainen, +358 407621564 on Wednesday between 2 and 3 pm.
Kielikone Ltd. is the market leader for digital dictionary solutions in Finland. Our mission is to help our customers use, understand and learn languages in everyday life. We have two products MOT® and Sanakirja.fi. In addition to dictionary services, we offer machine translation and proofreading services as well as language guides. Our office is in Lauttasaari, Helsinki.