PUBLISHED: February 14, 2019
SERIOUSLY, Helsinki, Finland
We are looking for motivated and passionate 3D/Technical Artist to join our team at Seriously (Helsinki office). As a Technical Artist, you’ll be working as part of the game development team, responsible the art pipelines, tools and 3D asset creation on an exciting, new project!
In addition to the skills and experience listed below, we are looking for a motivated self-starter who is ready to hit the ground running in this energetic start-up environment, where everybody pulls their weight, where every idea is valued, and where, if we get it right, we might just conquer the globe. Come join us!
- Working closely with artists, designers and engineers to implement the artistic vision of the game
- Building, maintaining and troubleshooting the pipeline for game assets and future project needs
- Creating high quality 3D art assets and animations
- Developing and maintaining tools and scripts to help with asset production
- Using Materials/Shaders to achieve a high visual quality
- Providing feedback to the art team to enhance the quality and performance of assets
- Creating and communicating technical art guidelines and implementation techniques
- Identifying redundancies or bottlenecks in our workflow and providing solutions that are simple, elegant and maintainable
- Partnering with our engineers to understand, define and manage project technical requirements and the project asset production
- 3 to 5+ years experience as a 3D or Technical Artist
- An expert in Unity, Photoshop and 3D tools (Blender, Maya or 3DSMax etc.)
- An in-depth understanding on modern art pipelines for mobile (both 2D and 3D)
- A broad knowledge of shaders, optimizations and workflows for mobile games
- A passion for game art, pushing the limits on game visuals and the ability to understand the Best Fiends brand and develop new aspects of it
- Traditional 3D art skills
- Animation experience considered a big plus
- Experience in other scripting and programming languages (Python / C# / C++, etc.) considered a plus.
- Fluent in English as it’s our working language
- Opportunity to work with great people on great content
- Competitive salary
- Flexible hours and great work-life balance
- Private healthcare and dental plans, extensive health and leisure insurance
- Lunch benefit, annual sports and culture allowance
- Variety of tools. Tell us what you need to get the job done and we’ll get it
- Relocation package and assistance
- Free snacks and beverages
We build global entertainment franchises that come to life first as best-in-class mobile games. We are passionate about great storytelling and epic world-building, desperate conflict and hilarious comedy, unique characters and unlikely heroes. We build brands that not only succeed commercially but also can give back to the world
We are in this because we are driven to make great games, to tell great stories, to build the next generation of entertainment experiences. We want to make games that keep you playing in the blue glow of your phone until the small hours or to fire up quickly for just one more round during your lunch break. Conflicts that stay in the back of your head through the day and characters that you want to take with you everywhere you go. Experiences that can inspire you and maybe, just maybe, make the world a better place.