3D Environment Artist
PUBLISHED: June 27, 2017
PRACTIGAME OY, Helsinki, Finland
We make games that provide engaging and empowering learning experiences for healthcare
professionals. Now we’re expanding our team of talented people to take our products to the
We are looking for a 3D environment artist with a personal preference towards stylized
artwork. We make games that are built around existing professions and the real world.
However, whereas visualising the educational content in a recognisable way is of course the
first priority, we believe our stylized approach gives our products an expressive appeal.
We expect you to know the creative pipeline from placeholder blocks to fully equipped and
lighted environment and you have a thing for hand-painted texturing. You’re excellent in
creating the atmosphere in the environment based on concepts & moodboards, perhaps you
even make those yourself. We’d be more than thrilled if you had an ace of concepting skills
in your sleeve, but if not, no worries. If the description suits you and you want to work on
games with a meaning – Let’s team up!
Our pipeline consists of Maya, ZBrush, XNormal and Photoshop, but if you’re excelled in
other software that covers the same tasks we’re more than happy to get you the tools you
As our products focus on healthcare education, the reference research on the job may
include facing material that is considered disturbing.
Senior Artists can and are welcome to apply for the role too. The position can be tailored
- Knowledge of effective high-lowpoly pipeline
- Artistic eye for making environments tell a story and set an atmosphere
- Experience in hand-painted texturing
- Motivation of learning and self-improvement
- Ability to work both independently and in a group, ability to meet deadlines
- A portfolio that showcases the relevant skills for the role (if you feel a separate
assignment would demonstrate the skills for the position better, we can agree on one
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Ability to concept environments
- Experience in rendering and composing commercial still images
- Experience working with Unity
- Know-how with Maya, ZBrush (sculpting and polypainting), XNormal and/or
Photoshop (texture correction & composition)
- Experience working in the game industry
- Experience working on a shipped game as an environment 3D artist
- Fluent in written and spoken Finnish
What we offer:
- A place to grow as an artist. We want to know of your career goals and do care to
support you in them. As our products help professionals to make progress in their
profession, we want to enable the same for our employees.
- A work/life balance – a workday of over 8 hours is never something that “just
happens.” It is always agreed on as a group, never an obligation.
- Flexible working hours – we have agreed working time so that there’s a daily time all
members are available, but the starting and ending time is flexible. Days working
from home can occasionally be agreed on also.
- A place to make games that have an impact. Our current products help healthcare
professionals and civilians save lives.
All applicants should send a resume, CV, and a portfolio with the application to:
Please address clearly the role you’re applying for.
We will read all applications, and answer each one of them within 30 days.