3D Character Animator
PUBLISHED: June 27, 2017
PRACTIGAME OY, Helsinki, Finland
We make games that provide engaging and empowering learning experiences for healthcare
professionals. Now we’re expanding our team of talented people to take our products to the
We are looking for a 3D Character Animator to level up our products learning experiences
with us, by creating stunning and authentic movement to our current and new characters.
We expect you to thrive in bringing characters to life in an established or new style and
according the character’s personality. You know your character’s background like your own
pockets and can imagine well how they react to things from dramatic life events to casual
day-to-day conversations. You can do rough storyboards and have eye for camerawork. You
do broad reference research of the subject you are animating. You have experience of
animating humanoid characters, both body movement and facial animations.
Our used software for animation is Maya and our character’s facial animations are joint
based, however, experience of the latter is not mandatory.
As our products focus on healthcare education, the reference research on the job may
include facing material that is considered disturbing.
Senior Animators can and are welcome to apply for the role too. The position can be tailored
- Great in animating humanoid 3D characters with experience of facial animation
- Knowledge of game animation principles
- Understanding of human anatomy and body movement in the circumstances of the
character’s size, habits and health
- Ability to do rough storyboards
- Experience animating with Maya
- Eye for camerawork
- Experience working as a character animator in a project made for commercial use (a
game, a cinematic trailer, a TV series/commercial or a film)
- Motivation of learning and self-improvement
- Ability to work both independently and in a group, ability to meet deadlines
- A portfolio/reel showcasing the skills relevant to the role (if you feel a separate
assignment would demonstrate the skills for the position better, we can agree on one
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Experience of rigging and/skinning characters
- Experience working with Unity
- Experience of lipsync animation
- Skills in Character Design
- Experience working with realistic animation or Mocap animation
- Fluent in written and spoken Finnish
What we offer:
- A place to grow as an artist. We want to know of your career goals and do care to
support you in them. As our products help professionals to make progress in their
profession, we want to enable the same for our employees.
- A work/life balance – a workday of over 8 hours is never something that “just
happens.” It is always agreed on as a group, never an obligation.
- Flexible working hours – we have agreed working time so that there’s a daily time all
members are available, but the starting and ending time is flexible. Days working
from home can occasionally be agreed on also.
- A place to make games that have an impact. Our current products help healthcare
professionals and civilians save lives.
All applicants should send a resume, CV, and a portfolio with the application to
Please address clearly the role you’re applying for. We will read all applications, and answer
each one of them within 30 days.