3D Artist SOCIAL FIRST / Helsinki, Finland (Hybrid)
PUBLISHED: February 8, 2022
We are a veteran team with years of experience in building cross-platform social MMO games together and in different companies. We promote healthy work-life balance, safe and inclusive culture, professional development, transparent communication and low hierarchy. We are remote-first and based in Helsinki, Finland – The gaming capital of the world.
At Social First, our ambition is to create cross-platform, social multiplayer & MMO games that will keep players and their friends engaged for years to come. We believe that focusing on the social interactions within games and having high accessibility regardless of the players’ favourite devices are key in creating meaningful, shared gameplay experiences.
We are looking for an experienced, highly skilled and creative 3D generalist to join our growing studio. You will be creating game-ready, low-poly environmental and other required miscellaneous 3D assets from start to finish. This includes creating high-poly assets in ZBrush and texturing in Substance Painter. You will also be creating particle effects and other VFX. The position requires a wide range of technical and artistic skills.
- Competitive compensation with equity
- Great learning opportunities as a part of the early team
- Six weeks of annual paid vacation from the start
- Relocation assistance
- Remote-first hybrid model with a physical office in Helsinki, Finland
- Create stylized textured 3D assets for world / level-creation in a cross-platform social game
- Create environment and other assets using 3DSMax, Zbrush and Substance Painter
- Create real-time VFX and particle effects
- Implement and adjust 3D assets and animations in Unity
- Participate in Level Design
- Design and implement game level lighting
- Work closely with technical artists to ensure the game assets are well optimized and best suited for production
- 3+ years professional experience in 3D-modeling, animation and VFX in the gaming industry
- Experience in 3D animation
- Experienced with Unity, Unreal or equivalent real-time game engines
- Ability to create great looking, game ready low-poly 3D models from start to finish
- Experience in creating stylized textures
- Level editing skills
- Skilled in creating ingame particle effects
Extra points for experience in:
- Character Animation, Rigging and Skinning
- Creating concept drawings for 3D assets
- Video Editing and Post Processing
Interested? Please hit Apply and let’s start charting our journey together!