2D GAME ARTIST
PUBLISHED: January 31, 2020
We are one of the most northern game studios in the world, chilling out (literally and figuratively) just 170 km south of the arctic circle in Oulu, Finland. Today we employ more than 50 people from all corners of the globe.
We are best known for the mobile smash hits “Hill Climb Racing” and “Hill Climb Racing 2”, which have a combined total of over 1 Billion installs across all platforms – However, despite our huge audience, we keep things small and personal, with a strong focus on maintaining a relaxed, casual and informal work atmosphere.
WHAT WE’RE AFTER?
We’re looking for a 2D Game Artist to join our game development team in Oulu. Creating game art should be your passion and you should have solid professional experience in the field. You know how to create super cool concepts and translate them into final assets. You like to ensure your assets work well inside a game engine and look great on a small screen. You love to work in a small team and know that receiving feedback is crucial to getting the best results. As our 2D Game Artist, you will be primarily working with the Hill Climb Racing franchise as well as assisting our marketing team in showcasing your awesome work. Here at Fingersoft, you will be given a great amount of creative freedom in your work and with that freedom, comes great responsibility.
- You have a great eye for beautiful and striking 2D images.
- You have mastered the art of Photoshop and Illustrator.
- You have experience in creating UI-graphics that are a joy to use.
- You have solid fundamentals in digital concepting.
- You have the ability to translate these concepts into clean and readable final assets.
- You have insight into graphic optimization for mobile games.
- You take pride in delivering files that are a joy to open by other artists.
WHAT WE OFFER?
• Competitive salary and great benefits (read more below).
• A position in one of the top gaming companies in Finland.
• Easy going and relaxed atmosphere.
• Passionate co-workers of various fields. We are a diverse bunch!
• The opportunity to develop your field inside a growing company.
• Lots of freedom and responsibility inside independent development teams.
“Being part of Fingersoft has allowed me to expand my skills and grow as an artist in a creative environment surrounded by great artists and developers.” – Lars, Lead Artist
WE ALSO APPRECIATE:
• Animation skills (Spine).
• Knowledge of creating mobile optimized particles.
• UI-graphics skills.
• Any technical-art skills (shaders, Cocos2D rendering).
• Basic coding skills.
• Gaming as a hobby and an interest in mobile games.
If you think you could be a great match for the position, don’t hesitate to drop us your CV and portfolio at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “2D Game Artist 2020” in the subject line. Send your application ASAP since the first suitable candidate will be hired.
Want to know more about Fingersoft and this position? Contact our Art Director Tuomas email@example.com.
- Competitive Salary
- Gear of your choice
- Flexible hours with a focus on having a solid work/life balance
- Health & Dental care, free massage monthly
- Lunch benefit on top of your salary
- Free snacks, fruit & beverages at the office
- Yearly education, sport & culture allowance
- Company sporting events, Friday sauna, free usage of company gym
- Phone & Internet benefit
- A cool social space where you can shoot some pool, play in the simulator, try out VR or challenge someone to a ping-pong tournament
- Relocation assistance
- The opportunity to develop your field, or transition into others, within a growing company
- The ability to work in the bustling Apaja game development hub alongside countless other game development companies & students