2D Game Artist
PUBLISHED: November 20, 2018
Lightneer is looking for a talented, highly motivated game artist to join our ambitious and fast-phased mobile game studio!
As a Game Artist you will be visualising new game ideas from concept to finished assets. You’re able to adapt to existing art style guidelines but are also eager to take part in developing them further and coming up with new ideas for the visuals of our new games.
Professional experience from game art creation is a plus but we’re also eager to hear from artists of all backgrounds with passion for game art. The ideal candidate knows what it means to make art for games and to work with a team of game developers. You’re motivated and interested in the game development process as a whole and always happy to share your ideas, feedback and knowledge with others.
Who we are looking for
Responsibilities and Main Tasks
- Working both with existing art assets and also creating new high quality 2D game graphic elements and designs (such as UI objects, character assets, scenery, visual effects, animations etc.) for game production
- Working with established art style guidelines, helping to define them further and applying these to new visuals
- Collaborating with team members and other stakeholders on finding the best solutions in development and production processes
- Sharing art expertise with the team
Qualifications / Requirements
- A portfolio demonstrating your game art skills
- Strong 2D art skills
- Strong skills and knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Good English language skills
Additional as a plus
- Game art experience (either from professional or hobby projects)
- Understanding Unity environment
- 3D skills
- Mobile games and casual games knowledge and interest
- Video editing and After Effects skills
- Animation skills
- Other relevant education and/or work experience
- A chance to work on a variety of game projects
- Amazing colleagues, game developers, designers, artists and more to work and get inspired with
- Competitive compensation with option program, extensive healthcare, extended holiday policy, lunch and phone benefit etc.
- Inspiring office in the heart of Helsinki, FINLAND
We are reinventing mobile games development at Lightneer. With our unique GameLab and development process we can concept, build and ship games really fast.
We give our multicultural team of entrepreneurs, innovators, creators, engineers and marketeers the freedom, tools and support to create fun amazing mobile games and make a difference. Our values – Creativity, Excellence, Honesty, Responsibility and Having Fun – drive the company culture. We are one family with no egos or bullsh*t talk. We believe that someday we can make the World a better place by creating casual games that drive awareness of some of the biggest issues of our time and have a positive social impact.