PUBLISHED: June 27, 2017
PRACTIGAME OY, Helsinki, Finland
We make games that provide engaging and empowering learning experiences for healthcare
professionals. Now we’re expanding our team of talented people to take our products to the
We’re looking for a Concept Artist/2D Artist to help build, define and communicate the visual
identity of current and new Practigame products. We expect your jam to be commercial and
conceptual art, be it making imagery of environments or characters. You approach early
projects that have no strict instructions with enthusiasm as you get to mold and define their
visual design from the very beginning. You have a great understanding of and eye for
colours, light and materials. You can scope your concepts based on who/what they’re for.
You enjoy working with small teams and have an open mind for tasks that may be out of
your comfort zone.
We would highly appreciate some background of graphical design or experience with
painting textures, yet it is not mandatory. Senior Artists can and are welcome to apply for the
role too. The position can be tailored accordingly.
- Great understanding of color and light, ability to render light and materials correctly
- Eye for designing environments that tell a story and set an atmosphere
- Eye for designing characters that show personality, good understanding of human
- Experience in making stylized conceptual or commercial art for a
game/TV-commercial or series /a film
- Motivation of learning and self-improvement
- Ability to scope your work accordingly based on who/what the work is for
- Ability to work both independently and in a group, ability to meet deadlines
- A portfolio that showcases the relevant skills for the role (if you feel a separate
assignment would demonstrate the skills for the position better, we can agree on one
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Experience in Graphic Design
- Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator
- Experience in stylized texturing using 3D-software & Photoshop combo
- Ability to draw rough storyboards
- Fluent in written and spoken Finnish
What we offer:
- A place to grow as an artist. We want to know of your career goals and do care to
support you in them. As our products help professionals to make progress in their
profession, we want to enable the same for our employees.
- A work/life balance – a workday of over 8 hours is never something that “just
happens.” It is always agreed on as a group, never an obligation.
- Flexible working hours – we have agreed working time so that there’s a daily time all
members are available, but the starting and ending time is flexible. Days working
from home can occasionally be agreed on also.
- A place to make games that have an impact. Our current products help healthcare
professionals and civilians save lives.
All applicants should send a resume, CV, and a portfolio with the application to
Please address clearly the role you’re applying for. We will read all applications, and answer
each one of them within 30 days.