PUBLISHED: March 27, 2017
Making the world a more musical place
At Yousician, our job is to reimagine music education, so everyone can play. We’ve built an amazing team of creative, passionate, and independent people, all working together to help millions of musicians learn, play, reach their goals, and have fun. If this sounds like the right mission for you, you’re in the right place!
We are looking for a user-experience designer responsible for the overall functionality and visual design of the product to ensure a great user experience. Working together with product managers, music teachers, UX researchers, and developers, you will help drive the user experience insights and translate them into wireframes, prototypes and actionable designs. You will be responsible for ensuring that the user experience and the visual design, as well as the design thinking and process supports the product’s goal to help people learn to play music in a fun, engaging, and intuitive way.
In this position, you’ll have a unique opportunity to profoundly impact the lives of hundreds of millions of future musicians worldwide and re-imagine the way music education works.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Design simple, intuitive, and clear interfaces and UI elements, identify design problems, devise simple and elegant solutions, and deliver the necessary final assets.
- Translate ideas into wireframes, mockups and user journeys that lead to intuitive and functional user experiences for a wide range of devices and platforms
- Take a user-centered and functional approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Collaborate with product managers, other designers, music teachers, developers and UX researchers.
- Participate in planning sessions, product design sessions, and brainstorming sessions.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have 2+ years of UX design experience and designed released digital products. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing simple solutions for complex digital environments.
- You have proficiency in UX design software (such as InVision, UXPin, etc.) and Graphics Design software (Sketch, Adobe Illustrator, etc.).
- You can understand detailed requirements and technical constraints, and design complete user experiences that meet the needs and the visions of the project stakeholders.
- You have experience in using structured thinking to design solutions, and a deep understanding of simple, mobile-first, and responsive design.
- You have a solid grasp of user-centered design and testing methodologies, subsystems, and usability and accessibility concerns.
- You can iterate your designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- You are comfortable presenting your ideas to stakeholders. You will be able to explain the reasoning behind your thinking and absorb and respond to feedback constructively.
- You are passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
- Proactive and self-confident, adaptable and able to cope with changing and evolving priorities whilst being able to identify new opportunities.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- You’ll have a meaningful and profound impact on the lives of millions of musicians and future musicians all around the world.
- You’ll work with an amazing group of people in a wide range of fields, and have real autonomy in small, efficient teams.
- You’ll get the challenges and rewards of working in a successful and fast-growing company, and the opportunity to grow your role.
- You’ll get a competitive compensation package – salary, stock options, crazy perks – and work in an awesome new office in the heart of Helsinki.
YOUSICIAN WAY OF WORKING:
- We want Yousician to be the best place in the world to work at, so we put a lot of effort into making a creative, motivating, and fun working environment.
- We work in small efficient teams, where everyone has autonomy, freedom to make decisions, and a strong sense of ownership.
- We run experiments: we make systematic decisions, we measure outcomes to see what works, and we learn from our experience.
- We have lots of perks and quirks: daily push-up sessions, bonus for sport activities, jam sessions (with more instruments than you can shake a drumstick at!), board game tournaments and sauna evenings, and our famous Greece and Thailand work-retreats.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Send us your application and CV (in English). Let’s make the world a more musical place together! Everyone who comes to a personal interview at our office gets an ukulele. #rockon
Yousician is the largest and fastest growing music education company in the world, with millions of users worldwide. Based in Helsinki, Finland, Yousician develops high-tech interactive software for learning guitar, piano, bass, and ukulele. Yousician provides real-time feedback on how you’re playing, combining the addictive features of computer games with songs and exercises to make the learning process easy, fun and motivating.
Yousician also develops the world’s #1 guitar tuner app Guitar Tuna (iOS, Android, WP) and has won numerous international business awards including WIRED’s hottest Finnish start-up, SXSW, Midem, Launch.edu, and educational awards such as Sunday Times ‘World’s best apps’ and Best European Learning Game. We’re hiring, so come join an amazing team and help us make the world a more musical place!