UX DESIGNER / FRONT-END DEVELOPER – PROJECT X
PUBLISHED: April 10, 2017
UNITY TECHNOLOGIES FINLAND, Helsinki
Unity enables the democratization of game development with tools that help developers create immersive experiences and connect millions of users across over 25 hardware platforms. Unity’s market share is more than 45% of the full feature game engine market (source: McKinsey), with more than 5M registered Unity developers. Every quarter Unity powered games are installed nearly 5 billion times on over 2.4 billion unique devices, making it one of the largest mobile platforms in the world.
We are looking for an experienced Front-End Developer, who is passionate about creating world class user experiences, to join our product team in Helsinki to work on a new service from Unity that helps mobile game developers make their games more fun, viral and sticky. To qualify, you should have a solid background in front-end software development and in implementing pixel-perfect user interfaces that are fluid, fast and fun to use.
You should be well versed in modern front-end frameworks and libraries, and understand the different requirements that are brought upon by responsive design and differing screen sizes. You’ve already done front-end development for both mobile and desktop, and your front-end code is designed to make the user experience as smooth as the UI designer envisioned it.
While front-end software development is the primary responsibility in this position, if you have experience in user interface design you will be to use both your engineering and design skills to create engaging user experiences from idea to implementation.
What’s in it?
- Implement and maintain pixel perfect front-end interfaces for mobile and desktop clients
- Work with the QA team to ensure high-quality delivery with unit and integration tests
What does it take?
- Solid experience in software development
- Knowledge of modern front-end frameworks and tools
- Good grasp of unit testing and test-driven development practices
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills in English
We also appreciate
- Experience in designing user interfaces and user experiences
- Experience with Angular, React and React-Native
- Ability to create prototypes and mock-ups quickly
- Being a gamer always helps 🙂
What you get
- A kick-ass environment at the heart of Helsinki
- Generous health care package and sick child care service
- Massage every other week and endless usage of a massage chair
- A music room made for those who are or want to become rock stars
- Social events, parties and global hack events for tech savvy employees
- Free rental of PS4 and Xbox consoles and games
- The chance to play floorball, badminton and table tennis
- A workplace where opinions are valued, the chance to work with the coolest technologies and an opportunity to be part of changing the mobile gaming industry
Your location is not an issue – we’ll help you relocate. Check inside our studios at www.unity3d.com/helsinki