Ubisoft Graduate Program – Online Programming (RedLynx, a Ubisoft Studio)
PUBLISHED: December 9, 2016
Are you ready to challenge yourself? We are serious about fun!
“We are RedLynx. We are from Finland. We make games. In the winter, there is darkness. During summer, there is sun. We are RedLynx. We make games. That is all.”
RedLynx, a Ubisoft Studio, is a multiplatform game developer based in Helsinki, Finland. With more than 130 employees we are also one of the biggest video game creators in Finland. Since our founding in 2000, we have developed and published more than 100 games on many platforms and our most popular game series, Trials, has sold more than 10 million units.
Since 2011 RedLynx has been part of Ubisoft, the 3rd biggest independent publisher in the world with over 10 000 team members and 96 nationalities spread across 6 continents. Our 29 different studios work hand-in-hand to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences. We have sold over 500 million games to date and the Ubisoft tie per moustache ratio per square meter is 0,46.
With the arrival of next-gen consoles and the evolution of player habits, video games are expected
to offer a robust online experience which represents the core of game development at Ubisoft. In order to continue delivering highly quality and innovative games we are looking for an Online Programmer to join the Ubisoft Graduate Program (learn more at www.ubisoftgraduateprogram.com)
As an online programmer, you will play a critical role in ensuring millions of players are simultaneously immersed in a seamless, rich, game experience which they can enjoy with their friends from wherever they connect.
As an Online Programmer in a game development team, you are involved in:
- Participating in the creation of new online services related to a game
- Developing, integrating and maintaining global online platform services such as Matchmaking, Leaderboards, etc.
- Participating in determining systems’ behavior under normal or simulated peak load conditions to optimize performance
- Optimizing in the constraints of bandwidth constraints: reducing the amount of information transmitted, decrease latency, etc.
- Identifying and solving down issues
- Implementing and using predetermined replication systems
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent with less than 1 year of experience (excluding internships)
- Good understanding of Software Development principles: analysis, implementation, optimization, debugging.
- Excellent C++ programming skills
- Knowledge of server programming and database programming (MySQL, Redis…)
- Understanding of scalability issues and replication concepts
- Understanding of other programming languages such as Python or Java is a plus
- Knowledge of distributed systems and online services (i.e. guilds, trade etc) is a plus
- Proactive with strong problem-solving skills
- Good level of English
- Ability to work as part of a cross-disciplinary team
- Interest in video games and online gaming
The Ubisoft Graduate Program is a fast-track into the games industry. It is aimed for graduating students with less than one year of professional experience. The duration of this salaried program is 2 years during which you will be working in two different Ubisoft studios (1 year at RedLynx + 1 year abroad) and will be involved in at least two game projects. Note that you should reside in Finland when you are applying for the program at RedLynx, a Ubisoft Studio.
Find more information about the Ubisoft Graduate Program at www.ubisoftgraduateprogram.com
Application period: December 1st 2016 – 5th March 2017