Ubisoft Graduate Program – Gameplay Programming (RedLynx, a Ubisoft Studio)
PUBLISHED: December 9, 2016
Are you ready to challenge yourself? We are serious about fun!
“We are RedLynx. We are from Finland. We make games. In the winter, there is darkness. During summer, there is sun. We are RedLynx. We make games. That is all.”
RedLynx, a Ubisoft Studio, is a multiplatform game developer based in Helsinki, Finland. With more than 130 employees we are also one of the biggest video game creators in Finland. Since our founding in 2000, we have developed and published more than 100 games on many platforms and our most popular game series, Trials, has sold more than 10 million units.
Since 2011 RedLynx has been part of Ubisoft, the 3rd biggest independent publisher in the world with over 10 000 team members and 96 nationalities spread across 6 continents. Our 29 different studios work hand-in-hand to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences. We have sold over 500 million games to date and the Ubisoft tie per moustache ratio per square meter is 0,46.
We are looking for a Gameplay Programmer to join the Ubisoft Graduate Program (learn more about the program www.ubisoftgraduateprogram.com)
As a Gameplay Programmer, you will be responsible for the interactivity of the game. Your job is to turn game design rules and gameplay elements (features, animation, sound…) into playable sequences. You will also collaborate closely with designers, artists, animators and other game development team members to offer players a comfortable, immersive & fun game experience.
As a member of a game development team, your responsibilities include:
- Participating in the architecture, conception and implementation of gameplay code based on design intentions, and implement game controls focusing on quality.
- Optimizing and debugging gameplay code to ensure that gameplay is fluid.
- Participating in the conception of prototypes with the design team.
- Analyzing and proposing innovative tools and techniques to achieve the best quality, based on the functionalities of the game engine.
- Participating in the development of features that will make the game come to life
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science, and have less than 1 year of Professional experience (excluding internships).
- Good C++ programming skills, capacity to write readable and modular code
- Good knowledge of object–oriented development and technical knowledge of the software development process for prototyping, developing, optimizing and debugging.
- Strong interest in game system and mechanics.
- Curiosity about technical knowledge in physics, mathematics, animation & arts.
- Excellent analysis and problem solving skills will help you deploy effective solutions to complex
problems. You understand and care about player needs.
- Passion and knowledge for video games will make a difference.
- Effective communicator and fluent English speaker
- Ability to work as part of a cross-disciplinary team
The Ubisoft Graduate Program is a fast-track into the games industry. It is aimed for graduating students with less than one year of professional experience. The duration of this salaried program is 2 years during which you will be working in two different Ubisoft studios (1 year at RedLynx + 1 year abroad) and will be involved in at least two game projects. Note that you should reside in Finland when you are applying for the program at RedLynx, a Ubisoft Studio.
Find more information about the Ubisoft Graduate Program at www.ubisoftgraduateprogram.com
Application period: December 1st 2016 – 5th March 2017