SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER IN TEST – UNITY ADS
PUBLISHED: April 10, 2017
UNITY TECHNOLOGIES FINLAND, Helsinki
In Helsinki, you’ll be using technology like machine learning, micro-services and messaging-based architecture on a scale you won’t see many other places. Essentially, you’ll be doing what Google does on the web (only you’ll be doing it in games). What’s more, your work will have a positive impact. It will help creators get paid for all their hard work by powering ads in hundreds of thousands of games. And it will give people the option to play for free by putting those ads in front of close to one billion gamers.
We’re looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test for our Unity Ads back-end development team. QA and automation experience from developing or testing large scale software systems is required for these positions, as well as overview of quality aspects from planning/development to releasing a product.
For our development team in Helsinki, we’re looking for an experienced technical tester with automation experience or a developer with focus and passion for quality. It’s important you have interest in the full development process from specification to actual release into production, as well as having a strong desire to shipping high quality software products used worldwide. Also, you should like bad jokes.
- Software development or other technical background
- Experience in development of automated test cases or frameworks
- Familiarity with manual testing, i.e. planning and executing manual testing when necessary
- Mobile development or testing experience, i.e. knowing common pitfalls when shipping software for mobile devices
- Involvement in releasing larger online web-based services used worldwide
- Working within quality assurance also means you should be self-driven, have good communication skills and able to provide input to the development team, both on quality aspects and technical topics e.g. related to implementation of features, in order to ship products of high quality
What you get
- A kick-ass environment at the heart of Helsinki
- Generous health care package and sick child care service
- Massage every other week and endless usage of a massage chair
- A music room made for those who are or want to become rock stars
- Social events, parties and global hack events for tech savvy employees
- Free rental of PS4 and Xbox consoles and games
- The chance to play floorball, badminton and table tennis
- A workplace where opinions are valued, the chance to work with the coolest technologies and an opportunity to be part of changing the mobile gaming industry
Your location is not an issue – we’ll help you relocate. Check inside our studios at www.unity3d.com/helsinki