(Senior) Gameplay Programmer
PUBLISHED: March 13, 2017
REDLYNX, Helsinki, Finland
Do you long to be a part of a world-class international game development team with true professionals in a fun atmosphere? You’ve found your place, RedLynx can offer you this and much more. We are serious about fun!
RedLynx, a Ubisoft Studio is a multiplatform game development studio located in Helsinki. Among the hugely popular Trials series, we have developed and published more than 100 games. We are a passionate team of almost 140 people of 21 different nationalities. Founded in 2000, we are one of the oldest and biggest game studios in Finland.
Since 2011 RedLynx has been part of Ubisoft, the 3rd biggest independent publisher in the world with over 12,000 team members, who work hand-in-hand to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences. At RedLynx we cherish the spirit of innovation and experimentation, and we are proud to have support and trust from Ubisoft to push practices and solutions that will be used by other studios worldwide.
At the moment we are working on new interesting projects and our studio continues to grow. Now we are looking for a
(Senior) Gameplay Programmer
for an unannounced ambitious console game project.
As a Gameplay Programmer, you will implement various gameplay and metagame features. You will have the opportunity to be part of an ambitious team and closely work with game designers, artists and other programmers.
We are looking for either a Gameplay Programmers or a Senior Gameplay Programmers, depending on how experienced you are
• Designing, implementing and improving robust gameplay systems and other game features
• Working closely with game designers in order to understand what is expected of each feature and with game engine programmers to establish best practices for developing them
• Collaborating with people of various disciplines (level designers, artists, tools developers etc.) to ensure a game feature comes together successfully.
• Solid online programming knowledge and experience
• Proficiency in C++
• Experience in game development (professionally or other projects)
• Self-motivation, eagerness to learn, adaptability, and pride in getting things done
• Studies in Computer Science or a relevant field
• Professional experience on shipped games
• Passion for games and interest in the games industry
• Proactive attitude and strong self-organization skills
• An open, international and massively friendly work environment full of ambitious and skilled people who are passionate about what they do
• Lots of challenges, opportunities to develop yourself, and possibilities to learn from Ubisoft’s vast resources
• Opportunity to work with and learn from seasoned industry veterans
• Competitive compensation and benefits such as wide healthcare and insurances, phone benefit, free gym, free breakfast, free games, parties, events… you name it 🙂
• Good work/life balance: We take our work very seriously but we also respect and value our employees’ personal lives, also during high-intensity periods, that’s why we have flexible work hours
• Relocation help
What are you waiting for? Please send your application and CV with your salary expectation. The application period closes on 31.3.2017, but apply now because we can’t wait to meet you!