Senior Developer with extensive SQL knowledge
PUBLISHED: April 6, 2017
PAF , Helsinki
The Database Development Team at Paf is responsible for the development of data management (including data pipeline and data warehousing) and the BI tools, providing stakeholders and other teams like Compliance, Analytics, CRM and Customer Communications with the data required for daily operations as well as long term business development.
We are now looking for Senior Developer to strengthen the team. In this role you will be involved in the whole development life cycle from analysis and design to development and testing. You will work with our experienced DB/DW professionals collaborating on various tasks and work related activities around database development, Big Data and Middleware products.
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent title or software engineering experience
- 5+ years of software craftsmanship using software engineering best practices.
- 5+ years of proven experience with SQL, Java or Scala and at least another major language.
- Troubleshooting experience of database queries, reports;
- Experience with TDD and xUnit testing frameworks;
- Experience with GIT, Code analysis, continuous integration;
- Constant learning mindset, can do attitude.
To your advantage:
- Experience with XP practices, pairing, incremental design
- Experience with DW design and working with large data sets.
- Knowledge of Oracle PL/SQL and Oracle products.
- Hackathon or other coding event participation, multiple online course completion, tech blog.
- Experience of Analytics and Big Data technologies.
- Experience with cloud computing platforms.
- Proven participation in open source projects.
- Experience with pull requests and code reviews.
- Experience in SQL tuning and optimization.
- Experience with agile software development.
Your personal qualities:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven collaborative skills and ability to work well within a team
- Customer oriented approach
- Self-motivated with critical attention to software quality, details and reporting
Good knowledge in English (written and spoken) is a requirement since our corporate language is English.
Are you interested?
Please submit your application on-line by 24th April 2017 the latest. All communication and applications will be treated confidentially. For more information about the position, please contact our recruitment partner Arja Martikainen, +358 407621564 or arja.martikainen(@)barona.fi.
Paf was founded on Åland in 1966 with the clear purpose of creating profit to support public good. This is still the company’s primary purpose. Today Paf.com is an international gaming operator with over 200 games including slots, casino, poker, betting, bingo and lotteries. Paf also operates a large physical gaming operation on land and sea with about 1,500 slot machines and 55 gaming tables on ships in the Baltic Sea, in Paf Casino on Åland and Casino Sunborn in Gibraltar. Paf offers safe and socially responsible money games that give players pleasure and entertainment. In 2015 the Paf Group had a total revenue of 110 million euros producing a profit of 22.7 million euros. The contribution to public good was 20 million euros. The group has nearly 400 employees, is headquartered in Mariehamn on Åland and serves players from countries including Finland, Sweden, Estonia and Spain.