Senior Concept Artist
PUBLISHED: March 17, 2017
REMEDY ENTERTAINMENT, Finland/Espoo
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Quantum Break® and Alan Wake®, and one of the leading independent game studios in the world is looking for a Senior Concept Artist to help communicate and define the visual design of the game worlds for the next generation of Remedy games.
What are we looking for?
Compelling world creation with depth and unique atmosphere is very close to our hearts here at Remedy, and we’re looking for someone to be a part of the team building these worlds.
As Senior Concept artist you will be a part of the concept team, which assist and support the art direction and production design of the game world from its environments, to the objects and characters that inhabit it. The concept designs should be well considered, researched and developed to support and communicate the imagined mythology, technology or society the world contains.
In addition you will help provide visual and compositional guidance material for content creators on the title that provides guidance in color, tone and composition.
What do we expect from you?
- 3-5 years industry experience
- Portfolio of work that demonstrates the ability to create compelling imagery with a considered design approach
- Strong ability and approach to broad research and exploration for design development
- Expert ability with Photoshop and knowledge of techniques for producing timely quality work
- Foundation skills in traditional drawing and painting
- Excellent eye for composition, lighting, color and value
- Understanding of game production processes which help to inform feasibility of concept designs
- Ability to work with critical feedback and review of work
- Positive attitude to improving and learning productive techniques for concepting
- Ability to visualize work in a 3D package
So what’s in it for you then?
We offer you a chance to do something new and unique. Working as a member of our talented and experienced team with our world-class game technology means you have an excellent opportunity to develop yourself and take your career to new heights. We work hard but we also value a sane work-life balance, and we’re committed to providing our team a relaxed working environment.
The Remedy offices are situated in Espoo, Finland and relocation to the greater Helsinki area will be required. Should you be moving from abroad we are there for you every step of the way.
To apply, please fill in the application with your CV and other information relevant to the position.
Remedy Entertainment Ltd., a privately held developer of action computer games, game franchises and leading edge 3D game technology is based in Espoo, Finland. Further information: http://www.remedygames.com
Alan Wake and Remedy trademarks and logos are property of Remedy Entertainment Ltd. Max Payne is a trademark of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. Quantum Break and Xbox One are trademarks of Microsoft Studios. All rights reserved.