Senior Community Manager – RedLynx, a Ubisoft Studio
PUBLISHED: February 7, 2017
Is building, fostering and engaging gaming communities your passion? Are you longing to be part of a world-class international game development team with true professionals in a fun atmosphere? RedLynx offers you this and much more!
RedLynx, a Ubisoft Studio is a multiplatform game development studio located in Helsinki. Founded in 2000, we are one of the oldest and biggest game studios in Finland. We have developed and published more than 100 games, sold over 10 million copies and gained more than 50 million downloads for our latest mobile game. We are a passionate team of over 135 people from 21 different nationalities. At the moment we are working on new interesting projects as our studio continues to grow.
Since 2011 RedLynx has been part of Ubisoft, the 3rd biggest independent video game publisher in the world with over 10 000 talented working together to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences. At RedLynx we cherish the spirit of innovation and experimentation, and we are proud to have the support and trust from Ubisoft to push for ideas and practices that will truly create something new and be used by other studios worldwide.
We are now looking for an experienced
Senior Community Manager
to be a part of our Marketing & Community team.
As a Senior Community Manager you will spearhead the community strategy and activities. Your role is essential in making sure our games have healthy, active and engaged communities.
Your job is to define and manage the overall community engagement strategy and ensure that it is aligned with the global communication plan. Based on the strategy you will create and maintain the overall community content calendar and ensure ongoing coordination with other cross-functional teams, e.g. with the production, marketing and CRM teams to define triggered lifecycle communications. You act as the product owner for content and programs that support the community engagement strategy and coordinate the development of messaging and assets. Defining, implementing and tracking the metrics to monitor and adjust the performance of community projects and initiatives is also an essential part of your tasks.
You will be a trusted spokesperson for our games and studio to our player communities. You will also serve as the voice of these communities to our studio, providing insights on their activities, needs and feedback to help improve the user experience for our games. Identifying influencers and working with them to leverage their presence and impact for our games and their communities is also a part of your role.
You will mainly work with all of our mobile game projects, but your expertise may also be needed on our console/PC projects. You will be working closely with the community and marketing professionals in our team and at Ubisoft. As a Senior Community Manager you will also be coordinating and supervising the work of community managers, as well as creating the guidelines for customer service teams for social media communications, tone of voice etc.
We are looking for a team player with a passion for games, entertainment and gaming communities. We want someone with a curious mind and who’s always on the lookout for best practices and seeking to improve the way things are done. You enjoy high level strategic planning as much as doing more hands-on work. But mostly you love rolling up your sleeves and getting things done. Keeping track of multiple things at the same time, managing projects effectively from top level to details and prioritising work against schedules comes naturally to you. You’re used to an autonomous and entrepreneurial working style and taking initiative is in your DNA.
- Define the community strategy, the community calendar and community activities based on the strategy and the metrics and reports to monitor performance
- Create content and coordinate the content creation process
- Provide actionable insight on the communities
- Be the voice of our studio and games to our communities
- Work closely with internal Ubisoft stakeholders and external partners to coordinate projects and ensure things run smoothly and deadlines are met
- Take part in our studio communications
- Excellent understanding of all aspects of gaming communities
- Strong experience from community management and development
- Strategic mindset with skills to create high level plans and seeing them through
- Great understanding of social media and digital marketing
- Ability to take initiative, be responsive to deadlines and handle multiple projects at the same time without losing sight of either the big picture or the fine details
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Game / entertainment industry experience
- Mobile marketing experience
- Streaming experience
RedLynx is committed to providing you
- Awesome games with dedicated communities
- Lots of challenges and opportunities to develop yourself
- An open, international and massively friendly work environment full of ambitious and skilled people
- A network of highly talented and motivated people all over the world and the brands of a leading player
- Competitive compensation and benefits such as comprehensive healthcare and insurances, free gym, free breakfast, free games, parties, events… you name it!
- Flexible work hours and a healthy work-life balance
- Relocation help
This may be the opportunity of a lifetime, so don’t wait or hesitate. Just go for it.
Please send your application and CV with your salary expectation through THIS LINK. The application period closes on 5.3.2017, so apply now!