Senior 3D Artist
PUBLISHED: March 13, 2017
REDLYNX, Helsinki, Finland
Are you an active team member with a fit to our positive and fun work environment? Do you have a love and feel for realistic fantasy or fantastical sci-fi? Do you want to get that bevel and shine just right yet understand that done ‘good’ is far more valuable than unfinished ’perfect’? Can you take feedback and criticism as a positive push for improvement? If you say yes, you are just the one we are looking for! We are serious about fun!
RedLynx, a Ubisoft Studio is a multiplatform game development studio located in Helsinki. Among the hugely popular Trials series, we have developed and published more than 100 games. We are a passionate team of almost 140 people of 21 different nationalities. Founded in 2000, we are one of the oldest and biggest game studios in Finland.
Since 2011 RedLynx has been part of Ubisoft, the 3rd biggest independent publisher in the world with over 12,000 team members, who work hand-in-hand to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences. At RedLynx we cherish the spirit of innovation and experimentation, and we are proud to have support and trust from Ubisoft to push practices and solutions that will be used by other studios worldwide.
Senior 3D Artist
As a Senior 3D Artist you will work as a superstar generalist and create models and textures for a diverse range of high quality assets for a fresh new console game IP. You will work closely with the 3D, 2D and level design teams and will help realize the unique concepts into high quality visuals. With your experience you will participate in further greasing our already smooth running machine.
Your main responsibilities are:
• You will create 3D models for broad range of assets from manmade environments and props to natural elements – even character work is a possibility
• You will use 3D package of your choice and additional sculpting and texturing tools
• You will take concepts provided by the concept artists, and interpret them into 3D
• Reading designs and ability to fill in missing information is part of this task
• You will integrate and occasionally trouble shoot assets in our game engine
• With your expertise you will participate in developing our processes and ways of working
You are our dream candidate if…
• You have world class portfolio
• You have experience in game development environment
• You have 4+ years in creating game art
• You have experience in creating divers high quality 3D models and a portfolio to show it
• You have solid knowledge of hires to ingame workflows including PBR and Substance Painter workflows
• You have professional level skills in industry standard 3D software and sculpting tools
• You are dependable and comfortable with communicating with other parts of the team
• You are prepared to guide and mentor other team members
• You have an eye for detail and a passion for design, creativity and quality
• You love what you do
RedLynx is committed to providing you
• An open, international and massively friendly work environment full of ambitious and skilled people
• Lots of challenges and opportunities to develop yourself
• Competitive compensation and benefits such as wide healthcare and insurances, phone benefit, free gym, free breakfast, free games, parties, events… you name it 🙂
• Good work/life balance: We take our work very seriously but we also respect and value our employees’ personal lives, also during high-intensity periods, that’s why we have flexible work hours
• Relocation help
What are you waiting for? Please send your application and CV with your salary expectation. Also a portfolio portraying your skills and your work experiences is required (web links preferred, pdf as a second choice). The application period closes on 9.4.2017, but apply now because we can’t wait to meet you!