RELEASE AUTOMATION ENGINEER
PUBLISHED: March 27, 2017
Making the world a more musical place
At Yousician, our job is to reimagine music education, so everyone can play. We’ve built an amazing team of creative, passionate, and independent people, all working together to help millions of musicians learn, play, reach their goals, and have fun. If this sounds like the right mission for you, you’re in the right place!
RELEASE AUTOMATION ENGINEER
Developing the largest and fastest-growing music education app in the world is a real challenge, but very rewarding. You will be joining the Release & QA team and be responsible for the development of the build and release automation pipeline of our Unity app on iOS, Android, Mac, Windows and Linux; support and work closely with our product facing teams, develop and improve tools, and ensure the availability of the build & release pipeline.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Support, improve and develop tools for continuous integration, automated testing and release management.
- Trace complex build problems, release issues and environment issues.
- Develop, maintain and enhance key parts of the release procedures and processes, including a fleet of build servers and device farm.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You pro-actively look for ways to improve our build processes and support the engineering team members.
- You have experience in software engineering or release automation.
- You have experience with source code control tools like Git.
- You have experience with continuous integration (e.g. Jenkins, Travis).
- You have experience with scripting languages (e.g. Bash, Python, Ruby).
- You have experience with server administration (Linux).
THESE ARE A PLUS:
- Experience with development and release on mobile platforms iOS and Android (Xcode, TestFlight, Google Play…).
- Experience with code signing.
- Experience with REST type backend development (Python).
- Experience with any game engine (Unity C#).
WHAT WE OFFER:
- You’ll have a meaningful and profound impact on the lives of millions of musicians and future musicians all around the world.
- You’ll work with an amazing group of people in a wide range of fields, and have real autonomy in small, efficient teams.
- You’ll get the challenges and rewards of working in a successful and fast-growing company, and the opportunity to grow your role.
- You’ll get a competitive compensation package – salary, stock options, crazy perks – and work in an awesome new office in the heart of Helsinki.
YOUSICIAN WAY OF WORKING:
- We want Yousician to be the best place in the world to work at, so we put a lot of effort into making a creative, motivating and fun working environment.
- We work in small efficient teams, where everyone has autonomy, freedom to make decision and a strong sense of ownership.
- We run experiments: we make systematic decisions, we measure outcomes to see what works and we learn from our experience.
- We have lots of perks and quirks: daily push-up sessions, bonus for sport activities, jam sessions (with more instruments than you can shake a drumstick at!), board game tournaments and sauna evenings and our famous Greece and Thailand work-retreats.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Send us your application and CV (in English) by Sunday 2nd April 2017. Let’s make the world a more musical place together! Everyone who comes to a personal interview at our office gets an ukulele. #rockon
- Role published: 10.03.2017.
Yousician is the largest and fastest growing music education company in the world, with millions of users worldwide. Based in Helsinki, Finland, Yousician develops high-tech interactive software for learning guitar, piano, bass, and ukulele. Yousician provides real-time feedback on how you’re playing, combining the addictive features of computer games with songs and exercises to make the learning process easy, fun and motivating.
Yousician also develops the world’s #1 guitar tuner app Guitar Tuna (iOS, Android, WP) and has won numerous international business awards including WIRED’s hottest Finnish start-up, SXSW, Midem, Launch.edu, and educational awards such as Sunday Times ‘World’s best apps’ and Best European Learning Game. We’re hiring, so come join an amazing team and help us make the world a more musical place!