PUBLISHED: March 27, 2017
Making the world a more musical place
At Yousician, our job is to reimagine music education, so everyone can play. We’ve built an amazing team of creative, passionate, and independent people, all working together to help millions of musicians learn, play, reach their goals, and have fun. If this sounds like the right mission for you, you’re in the right place!
QA SPECIALIST TO MAKE OUR PRODUCTS ROCK
We are looking for an experienced QA Specialist to take part in improving and maintaining our products overall quality and testing processes and making sure that our apps run as smoothly as possible for all users. In this role you will take part in our quality assurance in many different frontiers to make our world-class music education products rock even harder than today! You will be working very closely with the development crew, product owners and our awesome musicians in order to focus on the right things that make our products tick. Technically we are working in a challenging environment on many platforms and technically complex products, so a good understanding of multi-platform development and a passion to keep up with changes is needed.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Identify and define software defects by manual testing in multi platform mobile-first environment working with Unity (iOS, Android, OSX, Win).
- Execute manual test cases to ensure the quality of each release (an ongoing process) and test content by playing through the lessons and songs.
- Work closely with customer support and product management to prioritize tasks relevant to product quality.
- Know the product inside out to understand how changes in it may affect quality.
- Create and execute test plans for the product.
- Actively develop our testing and development processes to improve product quality.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Strong proven previous experience in quality assurance on multi-platform environment (shipped products on iOS, Android, PC/Mac), experience in games and gamified applications is a plus.
- Solid experience in manual testing, experience in automated testing and programming is a plus.
- Passion for quality and an insane ability to find bugs.
- Good overall understanding of agile software development processes.
- Experience on working in concurrent software projects (main development tools we use are Unity, AWS, Jenkins, Jira, Confluence).
- Experience on using test management tools, for example Zephyr or Testrail.
- ISEB/ISTQB certification preferred.
- Strong motivation to improve QA processes and related practices & tools.
- Is able to work and communicate fluently in English with different teams both verbally and using documentation.
- You don’t need to be a virtuoso, but playing some guitar and piano is part of your daily work life.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- You’ll have a meaningful and profound impact on the lives of millions of musicians and future musicians all around the world.
- You’ll work with an amazing group of people in a wide range of fields, and have real autonomy in small, efficient teams.
- You’ll get the challenges and rewards of working in a successful and fast-growing company, and the opportunity to grow your role.
- You’ll get a competitive compensation package – salary, stock options, crazy perks – and work in an awesome new office in the heart of Helsinki.
- Your own spacious and fully equipped video & recording studio.
YOUSICIAN WAY OF WORKING:
- We follow the Lean Startup approach rather closely. You should be familiar with it and enjoy working in an experimental environment that is data-informed and result-driven.
- We work in small, efficient teams where everyone takes strong ownership for his/her project parts (with a lot of freedom comes a lot of responsibility).
- We are a group of proactive people with a can-do attitude.
- We want Yousician to be the best place in the world to work at, and put a lot of effort in creating a creative, motivating and fun working environment. This starts with our great team, but also includes daily push-up sessions, bonus for sport activities, jam sessions and sauna evenings, or experiments such as our work-retreats retreat.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Send us your application and CV (in English) by Sunday 2nd April 2017. Let’s make the world a more musical place together! Everyone who comes to a personal interview at our office gets an ukulele. #rockon
- Role published: 10.3.2017
Yousician is the largest and fastest growing music education company in the world, with millions of users worldwide. Based in Helsinki, Finland, Yousician develops high-tech interactive software for learning guitar, piano, bass, and ukulele. Yousician provides real-time feedback on how you’re playing, combining the addictive features of computer games with songs and exercises to make the learning process easy, fun and motivating.
Yousician also develops the world’s #1 guitar tuner app Guitar Tuna (iOS, Android, WP) and has won numerous international business awards including WIRED’s hottest Finnish start-up, SXSW, Midem, Launch.edu, and educational awards such as Sunday Times ‘World’s best apps’ and Best European Learning Game. We’re hiring, so come join an amazing team and help us make the world a more musical place!