PRODUCT MANAGER – UNITY ADS
PUBLISHED: February 8, 2017
UNITY TECHNOLOGIES FINLAND, Helsinki
“The best minds of our generation are thinking about how to make people click ads.” – Jeffrey Hammerbacher
Yes, we know ads are not exciting; but the technology that powers ads in more than 150 000 games, for close to one billion users worldwide is seriously cool. We do; machine learning, microservices, messaging based architectures in scale that you will not encounter anywhere else in Finland. We do what google does in web, but we do it inside games.
And here is the boring intro:
Unity Ads enables mobile game developers to make a living doing what they love – making games – by monetizing their entire player base with gaming ads for gamers. Trusted by large publishers and indies alike, we’re proudly built by Unity and focus strongly on gaming. Unity Ads can deliver significant revenue to our developers by providing engaging, non-intrusive user-initiated video ads.
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager to join our Unity Ads team in Helsinki. You will work closely with Engineering, Sales and Marketing to compile product requirements, manage the product roadmap and end-to-end delivery of product features. Your role will provide an objective and clear understanding of how our product is used, how it competes in the market, and how we can best help our game developers realize their creative visions.
To qualify, you should have a strong understanding of free to play gaming, monetization / mobile advertising and proven track record in product development either in a company creating mobile games or relevant BtoB software. We value prior experience in software engineering, services architecture and project management in fast growth company or a software startup. In addition to your strong understanding of product and technologies, you are a great communicator both in writing and in person and know how to work closely with software engineers to bring new services to market.
What’s in it
- Assemble product requirements from multiple sources (e.g. strategic planning, developer feedback, usability, sales, competitive assessment) understanding current and future customer needs
- Capture and technically document feature requests from an array of stakeholders, both internal and external
- Write use cases, functional specifications and other feature descriptions
- Participate our daily engineering work in a role of Product Owner
- Work with UX/UI designers to develop workflow diagrams, storyboards and wireframes
- Assist in building business cases and analytical insight for new business initiatives: this requires identifying key issues, quantitatively analyzing related metrics, and communicating results
What does it take
- Solid experience in product management and/or software engineering preferably in F2P games industry
- Experience in creation of new software products or services
- Technical knowledge and ability to effectively communicate and discuss technical requirements with engineers
- The ideal candidate will have exceptional product management, communication, and leadership skills
- Must be great team player that works well in collaborative situations
- Sound business judgment and ability to build business case around a product or service
What you get
- A kick-ass environment at the heart of Helsinki
- Generous health care package and sick child care service
- Massage every other week and endless usage of a massage chair
- A music room made for those who are or want to become rock stars
- Social events, parties and global hack events for tech savvy employees
- Free rental of PS4 and Xbox consoles and games
- The chance to play floorball, badminton and table tennis
- A workplace where opinions are valued, the chance to work with the coolest technologies and an opportunity to be part of changing the mobile gaming industry
Your location is not an issue – we’ll help you relocate. Check inside our studios at www.unity3d.com/helsinki