Mission Designer / Senior Mission Designer
PUBLISHED: March 17, 2017
REMEDY ENTERTAINMENT, Finland/Espoo
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Quantum Break® and Alan Wake®, and one of the leading independent game studios in the world, is looking for a talented Mission Designer for the next generation of Remedy games.
What we are looking for:
A Mission Designer is responsible for crafting story-driven missions and memorable gameplay events using our proprietary level building tools and scripting language. You will be expected to create paper mission outlines, script gameplay events, consider proper pacing and flow, and effectively communicate your ideas to other members of the team, ensuring each mission meets our high-level goals.
What we expect from you:
- Shipped at least 1 title (preferably in the action/adventure genre or similar project)
- Strong understanding of level design, narrative pacing, and interesting gameplay objectives
- Strong experience with scripting (python, LUA, etc.)
- Experience with industry-standard level design tools (Unreal Ed, Unity, CryEngine, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Passionate about storytelling and crafting memorable gameplay experiences
- Understanding open-ended and quest-based gameplay is a strong plus
- Background in storytelling, game design and any relevant experiences or studies (photography, theatre, film art, etc.)
- Background in level design and scripting
So what’s in it for you then?
We offer you the chance of a lifetime to work with our world-class team and technology to build absolutely unforgettable games. You will also have the opportunity to grow and develop your skills, and take your career to new heights. We work hard but we also value a healthy work-life balance and are committed to providing our team a relaxed working environment.
The Remedy offices are situated in Espoo, Finland and relocation to the greater Helsinki area will be required. Should you be moving from abroad, we are here to support you through the process every step of the way.
Come join us!
To apply, please fill in the application with your CV and other information relevant to the position.
Remedy Entertainment Ltd., a privately held developer of action computer games, game franchises and leading edge 3D game technology is based in Espoo, Finland. Further information: http://www.remedygames.com
Alan Wake and Remedy trademarks and logos are property of Remedy Entertainment Ltd. Max Payne is a trademark of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. Quantum Break and Xbox One are trademarks of Microsoft Studios. All rights reserved.