DATA SCIENCE ENGINEER – UNITY ADS
PUBLISHED: February 8, 2017
UNITY TECHNOLOGIES FINLAND, Helsinki
“The best minds of our generation are thinking about how to make people click ads.” – Jeffrey Hammerbacher
Yes, we know ads are not exciting; but the technology that powers ads in more than 150 000 games, for close to one billion users worldwide is seriously cool. We do; machine learning, microservices, messaging based architectures in scale that you will not encounter anywhere else in Finland. We do what google does in web, but we do it inside games.
And here is the boring intro:
Unity Ads enables mobile game developers to make a living doing what they love – making games – by monetizing their entire player base with gaming ads for gamers. Trusted by large publishers and indies alike, we’re proudly built by Unity and focus strongly on gaming. Unity Ads can deliver significant revenue to our developers by providing engaging, non-intrusive user-initiated video ads. Our data systems process massive data sets to develop targeting criteria and analytics that maximize the effectiveness and profitability of our advertising business.
We are looking for an experienced Data Science Engineer who has low-level technical prowess and an exceptional background in science and programming. You will work as a part of an international machine learning team to develop best-in-class targeting and decision-making mechanisms. The work will be day-to-day researching for new ways to improve, test and implement ideas.
In this role, you will provide the existing data science/machine learning team with in-depth technical knowledge on implementing numerical systems in distributed environments with possibly auxiliary/GPU extensions. You will optimize the heck out of our model implementations so that they run efficiently both offline and online. Also, you need to be comfortable with quick-paced cycle of development as we prefer to try things out in production sooner than later.
What’s in it
- Ensure efficient implementation of our machine learning pipeline
- Helping the rest of the team with their numerical challenges
- Knowing, understanding and using technical frameworks such as
- GPU computing frameworks, e.g., TensorFlow
- Distributed computing engines, Spark/Samza/Flink
- Distributed data storages such as HDFS/S3, Cassandra, Alluxio whatnot
What does it take
- Developer or Machine learning expert or numerical modeller by experience and education
- PhD/MSc in Machine Learning, HPC, computational sciences or similar
- Experience implementing algorithms and decision making systems in real-time environment
- Interest in machine learning, actual experience big plus
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience
What you get
- A kick-ass environment at the heart of Helsinki
- Generous health care package and sick child care service
- Massage every other week and endless usage of a massage chair
- A music room made for those who are or want to become rock stars
- Social events, parties and global hack events for tech savvy employees
- Free rental of PS4 and Xbox consoles and games
- The chance to play floorball, badminton and table tennis
- A workplace where opinions are valued, the chance to work with the coolest technologies and an opportunity to be part of changing the mobile gaming industry
Your location is not an issue – we’ll help you relocate. Check inside our studios at www.unity3d.com/helsinki