PUBLISHED: March 27, 2017
YOUSICIAN, Siltasaarenkatu 16, Helsinki
Making the world a more musical place
At Yousician, our job is to reimagine music education, so everyone can play. We’ve built an amazing team of creative, passionate, and independent people, all working together to help millions of musicians learn, play, reach their goals, and have fun. If this sounds like the right mission for you, you’re in the right place!
Developing the largest and fastest-growing music education company in the world is a real challenge, but very rewarding. In this role you will be taking a lead in developing Yousician to the next level on IT as we scale the company. Your main responsibility will be to develop and manage the internal systems and infrastructure to ensure our teams can work independently in a secure and efficient way. If you are an analytical troubleshooter who is not afraid to take responsibility and grow professionally, we hope to hear from you soon!
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Develop, manage, monitor and support key internal systems and infrastructure
- Manage user access to key systems (such as Jira, Confluence, G-Suite); develop, maintain and enhance Yousician’s internal controls with regards to technology.
- Lead the development and implementation of security & backup strategies, policies, standards, guidelines and procedures to improve system security and data protection
- Develop framework for installation, configuration, testing and maintaining operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of internal systems and infrastructure availability; take the lead in troubleshooting and analyzing application issues.
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Ensure that collaboration (google docs, email, video conferencing), hardware (laptops, video conferencing HW), and network connectivity are meeting the compliance needs and requirements of the team
- Make assessments and comparisons on providers, systems and processes.
WHAT YOU HAVE ALREADY:
- Solid system administration and monitoring experience
- Strong understanding of system and network security
- Knowledge of configuration management tools
- Experience administering Google Apps for Work (g-suite)
- Knowledge of MDM systems (Casper, Meraki, etc.)
- Experience with networking (Meraki, VLANs and WiFi Troubleshooting)
- Solid scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, Perl, Python)
- Understanding of REST API’s and how to consume them
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting macOS, Linux and Windows environments,on VMs and hardware
- Experience with application packaging on both Windows and Mac
- Good written and verbal communication in English.
WHAT WE VALUE IN ADDITION:
- Analytical troubleshooters. You may not always have the answer, but you want to and know how to find it. You are an organized and data driven person who loves to automate/make things efficient.
- Experience purchasing hardware, software, and SaaS
- Experience with technical documentation writing (Confluence)
- Experience with information security related work, experience with PCI DSS
- Understanding of AWS infrastructure, instance deployment and administration
WHAT WE OFFER:
- You’ll have a meaningful and profound impact on the lives of millions of musicians and future musicians all around the world.
- You’ll work with an amazing group of people in a wide range of fields, and have real autonomy in small, efficient teams.
- You’ll get the challenges and rewards of working in a successful and fast-growing company, and the opportunity to grow your role.
- You’ll get a competitive compensation package – salary, stock options, crazy perks – and work in an awesome new office in the heart of Helsinki.
YOUSICIAN WAY OF WORKING:
- We want Yousician to be the best place in the world to work at, so we put a lot of effort into making a creative, motivating and fun working environment.
- We work in small efficient teams, where everyone has autonomy, freedom to make decision and a strong sense of ownership.
- We run experiments: we make systematic decisions, we measure outcomes to see what works and we learn from our experience.
- We have lots of perks and quirks: daily push-up sessions, bonus for sport activities, jam sessions (with more instruments than you can shake a drumstick at!), board game tournaments and sauna evenings and our famous Greece, Thailand and Tenerife work-retreats.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Send us your application and CV (in English) by Sunday 2nd April 2017. Let’s make the world a more musical place together! Everyone who comes to a personal interview at our office gets an ukulele. #rockon
- Role published: 9.3.2017
Yousician is the largest and fastest growing music education company in the world, with millions of users worldwide. Based in Helsinki, Finland, Yousician develops high-tech interactive software for learning guitar, piano, bass, and ukulele. Yousician provides real-time feedback on how you’re playing, combining the addictive features of computer games with songs and exercises to make the learning process easy, fun and motivating.
Yousician also develops the world’s #1 guitar tuner app Guitar Tuna (iOS, Android, WP) and has won numerous international business awards including WIRED’s hottest Finnish start-up, SXSW, Midem, Launch.edu, and educational awards such as Sunday Times ‘World’s best apps’ and Best European Learning Game. We’re hiring, so come join an amazing team and help us make the world a more musical place!