FULL STACK WEB DEVELOPER
PUBLISHED: March 27, 2017
Making the world a more musical place
At Yousician, our job is to reimagine music education, so everyone can play. We’ve built an amazing team of creative, passionate, and independent people, all working together to help millions of musicians learn, play, reach their goals, and have fun. If this sounds like the right mission for you, you’re in the right place!
FULL STACK WEB DEVELOPER
Developing the largest and fastest-growing music education app in the world is a real challenge, but very rewarding. The purpose of this role is to architect and implement public and internal Yousician web pages by working in close collaboration with UX, visual artists, marketing and other development team members.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Architect and implement public and internal Yousician web pages by working in close collaboration with UX, visual artists, marketing and other development team members.
- Implement backend features.
- Will have the opportunity to take ownership on frontend development in the company.
- You get to use the latest web frontend technologies.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Solid and strong experience in modern frontend development.
- You have a strong interest in learning/discovering new frontend technologies.
- Experience with MVW frameworks (AngularJS), tools (eg: gulp, webpack).
- Experience with backend technologies (eg: python, MongoDB).
- Good understanding of building fully responsive and efficient web sites. Proficiency with existing responsive frameworks is a plus.
- Experience interacting with REST APIs.
- Experience with Unix environments.
- Familiarity with CSS3 / SVG animation.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- You’ll have a meaningful and profound impact on the lives of millions of musicians and future musicians all around the world.
- You’ll work with an amazing group of people in a wide range of fields, and have real autonomy in small, efficient teams.
- You’ll get the challenges and rewards of working in a successful and fast-growing company, and the opportunity to grow your role.
- You’ll get a competitive compensation package – salary, stock options, crazy perks – and work in an awesome new office in the heart of Helsinki.
YOUSICIAN WAY OF WORKING:
- We want Yousician to be the best place in the world to work at, so we put a lot of effort into making a creative, motivating and fun working environment.
- We work in small efficient teams, where everyone has autonomy, freedom to make decision and a strong sense of ownership.
- We run experiments: we make systematic decisions, we measure outcomes to see what works and we learn from our experience.
- We have lots of perks and quirks: daily push-up sessions, bonus for sport activities, jam sessions (with more instruments than you can shake a drumstick at!), board game tournaments and sauna evenings and our famous Greece and Thailand work-retreats.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Send us your application and CV (in English). Let’s make the world a more musical place together! Everyone who comes to a personal interview at our office gets an ukulele. #rockon
Yousician is the largest and fastest growing music education company in the world, with millions of users worldwide. Based in Helsinki, Finland, Yousician develops high-tech interactive software for learning guitar, piano, bass, and ukulele. Yousician provides real-time feedback on how you’re playing, combining the addictive features of computer games with songs and exercises to make the learning process easy, fun and motivating.
Yousician also develops the world’s #1 guitar tuner app Guitar Tuna (iOS, Android, WP) and has won numerous international business awards including WIRED’s hottest Finnish start-up, SXSW, Midem, Launch.edu, and educational awards such as Sunday Times ‘World’s best apps’ and Best European Learning Game. We’re hiring, so come join an amazing team and help us make the world a more musical place!