PUBLISHED: March 27, 2017
Making the world a more musical place
At Yousician, our job is to reimagine music education, so everyone can play. We’ve built an amazing team of creative, passionate, and independent people, all working together to help millions of musicians learn, play, reach their goals, and have fun. If this sounds like the right mission for you, you’re in the right place!
We are looking for a Product/Project Manager to join our team to take over this new role. Yousician is one product comprised of several components and we are looking for someone to lead the product development for one of these components. In this challenging role, you will be working with music theory specialists, game designers and developers. Your main responsibility will be to translate the user needs and market opportunities into a compelling product vision and roadmap, and to develop the music education service that will turn one of the most “intimidating” areas of music into the most exciting and engaging one! At Yousician, product managers work very closely together with developers, so the role comprises a fair amount of project management as well. We believe in small and efficient teams: one product/project manager plus 4-5 developers. Are you ready for the challenge? Ready to make a dent in the musical universe?
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- You will be responsible for creating compelling product vision and roadmap for our world-class music education service with the help of music teachers and game designers.
- You will be leading one of several product teams working in different but related areas, coordinating with other Product Managers and team leads.
- You will be the heart, mind and voice of our users; your job is to understand our customers and how they use our product to learn basic elements of music and music theory in a fun and engaging way.
- You will be responsible for user engagement, educational and financial metrics.
- You’ll recognize market and product opportunities.
- It will be your task to meet product targets by prioritizing, evaluating, executing and following up on implementation schedule.
- You’ll facilitate cross-functional teamwork and communicate all around with your own team, management, UX, marketing and other team leads.
WHO YOU ARE:
- 5+ years of experience in product management with successful track record of published software product (preferably B2C & mobile apps).
- Able to get hands dirty to understand customers and user behaviour.
- You are practical visionaire with analytical thinking who is able to bring product vision into reality.
- You are comfortable with numbers, and enjoy data informed decision-making; experience in data analysis tools is an advantage.
- Able to communicate well in cross-functional teams and lead people along a product journey.
- You have passion for music, but it doesn’t matter whether you have professional music instrument skills or not; however knowledge of music and music theory would be a great asset.
- You are interested in technology and technology products (e.g. gadgets, gaming) and have love for casual games (mobile games).
- Background in software development, teaching, gaming or marketing is an asset.
- Experience running small development teams in agile fashion (Scrum Master and Product Owner experience a plus)
- If you don’t know how to play an instrument, no problem. Willing to invest time to learn one or two (with Yousician) is a must.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- You’ll have a meaningful and profound impact on the lives of millions of musicians and future musicians all around the world.
- You’ll work with an amazing group of people in a wide range of fields, and have real autonomy in small, efficient teams.
- You’ll get the challenges and rewards of working in a successful and fast-growing company, and the opportunity to grow your role.
- You’ll get a competitive compensation package – salary, stock options, crazy perks – and work in an awesome new office in the heart of Helsinki.
YOUSICIAN WAY OF WORKING:
- We want Yousician to be the best place in the world to work at, so we put a lot of effort into making a creative, motivating and fun working environment.
- We work in small efficient teams, where everyone has autonomy, freedom to make decision and a strong sense of ownership.
- We run experiments: we make systematic decisions, we measure outcomes to see what works and we learn from our experience.
- We have lots of perks and quirks: daily push-up sessions, bonus for sport activities, jam sessions (with more instruments than you can shake a drumstick at!), board game tournaments and sauna evenings and our famous Greece and Thailand work-retreats.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Send us your application and CV (in English). Let’s make the world a more musical place together! Everyone who comes to a personal interview at our office gets an ukulele. #rockon
- Application deadline: For some positions we are very specifically looking for one person and close the opening after we hired the right person. However, for other positions such as this one, we are continuously looking for people to join us. Therefore, for this position there is no application deadline and we keep hiring candidates we find to be a great match.
Yousician is the largest and fastest growing music education company in the world, with millions of users worldwide. Based in Helsinki, Finland, Yousician develops high-tech interactive software for learning guitar, piano, bass, and ukulele. Yousician provides real-time feedback on how you’re playing, combining the addictive features of computer games with songs and exercises to make the learning process easy, fun and motivating.
Yousician also develops the world’s #1 guitar tuner app Guitar Tuna (iOS, Android, WP) and has won numerous international business awards including WIRED’s hottest Finnish start-up, SXSW, Midem, Launch.edu, and educational awards such as Sunday Times ‘World’s best apps’ and Best European Learning Game. We’re hiring, so come join an amazing team and help us make the world a more musical place!