EXPERIENCED HR PROFESSIONAL
PUBLISHED: March 27, 2017
Making the world a more musical place
At Yousician, our job is to reimagine music education, so everyone can play. We’ve built an amazing team of creative, passionate, and independent people, all working together to help millions of musicians learn, play, reach their goals, and have fun. If this sounds like the right mission for you, you’re in the right place!
EXPERIENCED HR PROFESSIONAL
Developing the largest and fastest-growing music education app in the world is a real challenge, but very rewarding. Over the past 4 years, Yousician has grown from a team of 6 to currently 55 people. The company has been successful both financially but also in building and maintaining a remarkable, high-performing team with a unique company culture. As the company continues to grow, we need to further develop this area and expand the team.
The purpose of this new full-time role is to help us scale up our young and passionate team from 55 people to around 150 in the next three years. As an Experienced HR Professional, you will join the Backstage (HR) team and will be working in close collaboration with the management and team leads.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Developing HR processes appropriate for the current size and structure of the company to enable the next phase of growth.
- Systematically analyze recruiting, onboarding and performance evaluation processes and develop them further together with the management and the Backstage team (our HR).
- Actively driving forward recruiting of lead positions and focusing on the roles that are more challenging to fill.
- Supporting leads and individual team members in professional development.
- Implementing a performance evaluation system that allows team members to recognize and develop their potential, and the management to promote high-performers from within the company.
- Advising the team on the HR-related Finnish legislation matters.
- Being a confidante for team members to talk about things they may not feel comfortable to talk about with their direct leads.
- Driving and improving the company culture by communicating and living it, and by identifying potential problems and opportunities within the team and addressing those.
- In this role, you will also help us to build our employer image to attract great candidates and represent Yousician in recruitment related events.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Person with background and degree in HR or Social sciences, Psychology, Business or other relevant.
- 5+ years work experience in a fast paced, high performing start-up environment.
- Experience in working in a growth company (size 20-200 people).
- International experience and outstanding communication skills in English.
- Excellent planning, prioritization and organizational skills; ability to quickly adapt to current needs (understand what is urgent vs. what is important and prioritize accordingly).
- Systematic and analytical person able to identify problematic areas and make suggestions to managers, HR or CxO team on how to address them.
- Strong previous experience of recruitments and conducting interviews preferably in IT-sector / for technical, marketing and business development roles.
- Knowledge of modern recruitment tools and processes.
- Solid understanding of the compensation and benefits functions.
- Strong interpersonal and teamworking skills (with both technical & non-technical individuals), but also ability to work independently.
- Ability to participate regularly in events that are outside normal office hours also on short notice, and ability to travel internationally when we open offices abroad.
- Passionate about Yousician.
- Finnish language skills are considered a significant advantage.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- You’ll have a meaningful and profound impact on the lives of millions of musicians and future musicians all around the world.
- You’ll work with an amazing group of people in a wide range of fields, and have real autonomy in small, efficient teams.
- You’ll get the challenges and rewards of working in a successful and fast-growing company, and the opportunity to grow your role.
- You’ll get a competitive compensation package – salary, stock options, crazy perks – and work in an awesome new office in the heart of Helsinki.
YOUSICIAN WAY OF WORKING:
- We want Yousician to be the best place in the world to work at, so we put a lot of effort into making a creative, motivating, and fun working environment.
- We work in small efficient teams, where everyone has autonomy, freedom to make decisions, and a strong sense of ownership.
- We run experiments: we make systematic decisions, we measure outcomes to see what works, and we learn from our experience.
- We have lots of perks and quirks: daily push-up sessions, bonus for sport activities, jam sessions (with more instruments than you can shake a drumstick at!), board game tournaments and sauna evenings, and our famous Greece and Thailand work-retreats.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Send us your application and CV (in English). Let’s make the world a more musical place together! Everyone who comes to a personal interview at our office gets an ukulele. #rockon
Yousician is the largest and fastest growing music education company in the world, with millions of users worldwide. Based in Helsinki, Finland, Yousician develops high-tech guitar, piano and ukulele learning software that gives users real-time feedback on how they play. Yousician combines the addictive features of computer games with songs and exercises to make the learning process easy, fun and motivating.
Yousician also develops the world’s #1 guitar tuner app Guitar Tuna (iOS, Android, WP) and has won numerous international business awards including WIRED’s hottest Finnish start-up, SXSW, Midem, Launch.edu, and educational awards such as Sunday Times ‘World’s best apps’ and Best European Learning Game. We’re hiring, so come join an amazing team and help us make the world a more musical place!