DEVELOPER RELATIONS ENGINEER – PROJECT X
PUBLISHED: April 11, 2017
UNITY TECHNOLOGIES FINLAND, Helsinki, Finland
Unity enables the democratization of game development with tools that help developers create immersive experiences and connect millions of users across over 25 hardware platforms. Unity’s market share is more than 45% of the full feature game engine market (source: McKinsey), with more than 5M registered Unity developers. Every quarter Unity powered games are installed nearly 5 billion times on over 2.4 billion unique devices, making it one of the largest mobile platforms in the world.
We’re looking for customer-focused Developer Relations Engineer to work with game developers to ensure successful integration of our new Project X and Everyplay services for mobile games and manage incoming support requests.
Your background in software development allows you to easily debug client code, pinpoint issues and provide improvement suggestions to integrations. You are comfortable communicating with game developers via email, over Skype/Vidyo or in person. You are proactive with a passion to solve client’s technical problems. Your understanding of what makes good customer service helps you efficiently deal with our clients.
To be successful in this position, you should have some background in software engineering (preferably with mobile applications) and technical writing. You should be familiar with Objective-C and Java, and iOS and Android application development. Familiarity in Unity and/or some knowledge in databases is a bonus.
What’s in it for you
- Generate and maintain integration-related documents together with product management
- Respond to support tickets by clients regarding our services
- Debug client code to identify issues in the integration
- Work with the engineering team to improve tools, SDKs and APIs for our client’s needs
What it takes
- Background in mobile software development
- Programming experience with Objective-C and Java
- Familiarity with iOS and Android development tools
- Self-starter attitude
- Prior experience in working in a customer facing position
- Strong communication skills, proactive attitude, and a drive for results in a team
What you get
- A kick-ass environment at the heart of Helsinki
- Generous health care package and sick child care service
- Massage every other week and endless usage of a massage chair
- A music room made for those who are or want to become rock stars
- Social events, parties and global hack events for tech savvy employees
- Free rental of PS4 and Xbox consoles and games
- The chance to play floorball, badminton and table tennis
- A workplace where opinions are valued, the chance to work with the coolest technologies and an opportunity to be part of changing the mobile gaming industry
Your location is not an issue – we’ll help you relocate. Check inside our studios at www.unity3d.com/helsinki