PUBLISHED: March 27, 2017
YOUSICIAN, Siltasaarenkatu 16, Helsinki
Making the world a more musical place
At Yousician, our job is to reimagine music education, so everyone can play. We’ve built an amazing team of creative, passionate, and independent people, all working together to help millions of musicians learn, play, reach their goals, and have fun. If this sounds like the right mission for you, you’re in the right place!
Developing the largest and fastest-growing music education app in the world is a real challenge, but very rewarding. We are looking for a Data Analyst with a focus on Education/Gaming to join us. With millions of people across the globe using Yousician to learn music, data analytics becomes an interesting challenge due to the increasing complexity and disparity of data. You will have the chance to help us understand learning behavior better and make sure that we have the right data to make mission critical decisions. Above all, you’ll have a unique opportunity to profoundly impact the lives of millions of future musicians worldwide and re-image the way music education works.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Execute quantitative analyses and provide actionable insights.
- Drive systematization of internal dashboards and reporting.
- Work closely with our backend engineering team on data infrastructure management.
- Manage technical relationships with external tracking & analytics partners.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Experience in data analysis in a global B2C software/game/e-commerce company.
- Excel-lence in SQL.
- Good knowledge of Python and/or R and related packages.
- Advanced skills in Data Visualization (Looker, Tableau, Power BI, Microstrategy etc).
- Strong analytical mindset.
- Must be self-driven and able to work well in a Lean Startup.
WHAT WE VALUE IN ADDITION:
- Experience in user retention metrics.
- Understanding of funnel analysis methods.
- Background in statistics, finance, data-driven marketing or other applied mathematics field.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- You’ll have a meaningful and profound impact on the lives of millions of musicians and future musicians all around the world.
- You’ll work with an amazing group of people in a wide range of fields, and have real autonomy in small, efficient teams.
- You’ll get the challenges and rewards of working in a successful and fast-growing company, and the opportunity to grow your role.
- You’ll get a competitive compensation package – salary, stock options, crazy perks – and work in an awesome new office in the heart of Helsinki.
YOUSICIAN WAY OF WORKING:
- We want Yousician to be the best place in the world to work at, so we put a lot of effort into making a creative, motivating and fun working environment.
- We work in small efficient teams, where everyone has autonomy, freedom to make decision and a strong sense of ownership.
- We run experiments: we make systematic decisions, we measure outcomes to see what works and we learn from our experience.
- We have lots of perks and quirks: daily push-up sessions, bonus for sport activities, jam sessions (with more instruments than you can shake a drumstick at!), board game tournaments and sauna evenings and our famous Greece, Thailand and Tenerife work-retreats.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Send us your application and CV (in English). Let’s make the world a more musical place together! Everyone who comes to a personal interview at our office gets an ukulele. #rockon
- Role published: 24.3.2017
- Application deadline: At Yousician we continuously evaluate applications as they come in. Roles are kept open until we have found and hired a great candidate. This can sometimes take a few days, sometimes months. We encourage you to send your application once you have all the requested information and asked tasks compiled. Sending a “first version” and suggest to “update” it later, or postponing your application for too long is therefore not recommended.
Yousician is the largest and fastest growing music education company in the world, with millions of users worldwide. Based in Helsinki, Finland, Yousician develops high-tech interactive software for learning guitar, piano, bass, and ukulele. Yousician provides real-time feedback on how you’re playing, combining the addictive features of computer games with songs and exercises to make the learning process easy, fun and motivating.
Yousician also develops the world’s #1 guitar tuner app Guitar Tuna (iOS, Android, WP) and has won numerous international business awards including WIRED’s hottest Finnish start-up, SXSW, Midem, Launch.edu, and educational awards such as Sunday Times ‘World’s best apps’ and Best European Learning Game. We’re hiring, so come join an amazing team and help us make the world a more musical place!