CUSTOMER SUPPORT SPECIALIST
PUBLISHED: March 27, 2017
YOUSICIAN, Siltasaarenkatu 16, Helsinki
Making the world a more musical place
At Yousician, our job is to reimagine music education, so everyone can play. We’ve built an amazing team of creative, passionate, and independent people, all working together to help millions of musicians learn, play, reach their goals, and have fun. If this sounds like the right mission for you, you’re in the right place!
CUSTOMER SUPPORT SPECIALIST
Developing the largest and fastest-growing music education app in the world is a real challenge, but very rewarding. We are looking for a motivated and experienced customer support specialist who is passionate about people and problem solving. Excellent communication skills are expected when engaging with customers and colleagues. You will work in a team as a direct link between Yousician and our customer base to respond to, resolve and report technical and account related inquiries across all contact channels, giving advice and guidance towards self-help as well as help build our knowledge base and drive customer experience to the next level. You will be a point of contact for the team and other teams related to reporting and solving customer problems, while being flexible and adaptable with time management and coverage needs. Do you love music, learning and helping others to improve? – then let us know why you rock the most!
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Handle customer requests relating to Yousician products and customer accounts via inbound tickets across different contact channels (email, SoMe, chat).
- Help refine operational processes and workflows.
- Investigate complex technical issues; specifically assist with troubleshooting and reporting when needed to QA within a defined scope of support, while resolving/responding as efficiently as possible.
- Engage with Yousician customer base in a personal, empathetic and holistic manner.
- Proactively suggest improvements to the customer experience by listening to customer feedback and understanding the impact by sharing their concerns and community reactions.
- Collaborate with your team on sharing customer problems, solutions and troubleshooting steps.
- Communicate with other teams regarding information and updates needed to improve the customer experience.
- Focus on what has impact and improves quality over quantity.
- Share your knowledge and experience with your team; potentially assist with training.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Passionate for people.
- Flexible; task and time management.
- Collaborative team player.
- Keen to learn and grow.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to critically observe and provide constructive feedback.
- Open to change.
- Experienced in complex and specific problem solving, especially for technical issues.
- Fluent in English, verbal and written.
- Strong tech / customer support experience.
- Strong iOS, Android, Windows, Mac OS /device knowledge.
- Experience with handling confidential account data.
- Knowledge of Yousician products.
- Able to play/test with instruments (guitar ++).
- Plays additional (Yousician) instrument.
- Agile knowledge.
- Experience with Zendesk/similar tools.
- Jira/Confluence experience.
- Other language skills.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- You’ll have a meaningful and profound impact on the lives of millions of musicians and future musicians all around the world.
- You’ll work with an amazing group of people in a wide range of fields, and have real autonomy in small, efficient teams.
- You’ll get the challenges and rewards of working in a successful and fast-growing company, and the opportunity to grow your role.
- You’ll get a competitive compensation package – salary, stock options, crazy perks – and work in an awesome new office in the heart of Helsinki.
YOUSICIAN WAY OF WORKING:
- We want Yousician to be the best place in the world to work at, so we put a lot of effort into making a creative, motivating and fun working environment.
- We work in small efficient teams, where everyone has autonomy, freedom to make decision and a strong sense of ownership.
- We run experiments: we make systematic decisions, we measure outcomes to see what works and we learn from our experience.
- We have lots of perks and quirks: daily push-up sessions, bonus for sport activities, jam sessions (with more instruments than you can shake a drumstick at!), board game tournaments and sauna evenings and our famous Greece, Thailand and Tenerife work-retreats.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Send us your application and CV (in English) by Sunday 23rd April. Let’s make the world a more musical place together! Everyone who comes to a personal interview at our office gets an ukulele. #rockon
- Role published: 24.3.2017.
Yousician is the largest and fastest growing music education company in the world, with millions of users worldwide. Based in Helsinki, Finland, Yousician develops high-tech interactive software for learning guitar, piano, bass, and ukulele. Yousician provides real-time feedback on how you’re playing, combining the addictive features of computer games with songs and exercises to make the learning process easy, fun and motivating.
Yousician also develops the world’s #1 guitar tuner app Guitar Tuna (iOS, Android, WP) and has won numerous international business awards including WIRED’s hottest Finnish start-up, SXSW, Midem, Launch.edu, and educational awards such as Sunday Times ‘World’s best apps’ and Best European Learning Game. We’re hiring, so come join an amazing team and help us make the world a more musical place!