BACK-END DEVELOPER – UNITY ADS
PUBLISHED: December 28, 2016
UNITY TECHNOLOGIES FINLAND, Kaivokatu 8 B, 00100 Helsinki
“The best minds of our generation are thinking about how to make people click ads.” – Jeffrey Hammerbacher
Yes, we know ads are not exciting; but the technology that powers ads in more than 150 000 games, for close to one billion users worldwide is seriously cool. We do; machine learning, microservices, messaging based architectures in scale that you will not encounter anywhere else in Finland. We do what google does in web, but we do it inside games.
And here is the boring intro:
Unity Ads enables mobile game developers to make a living doing what they love – making games – by monetizing their entire player base with gaming ads for gamers. Trusted by large publishers and indies alike, we’re proudly built by Unity and focus strongly on gaming. Unity Ads can deliver significant revenue to our developers by providing engaging, non-intrusive user-initiated video ads.
We are looking for an experienced Back-End Developer to join our Unity Ads team in Helsinki. To qualify, you should have a solid background in software development, preferably in positions where you’ve already had to take initiative and make decisions on how things are done. You should be familiar with the best practices of API-driven development.
Our technology stack is built to create solid products that allow us to operate in a high-volume environment. Stability, quality, and robustness of code are requirements in our development environment, as our advertising network reaches millions of game players each day, in thousands of games all around the world. Having worked with large data sets and/or scalability is a requirement for this position.
Rather than requiring a specific technology, we value experienced, versatile people with a broad range of projects and solutions under their belt. Also, you should like bad jokes.
What’s in it
- Design, develop and maintain our service APIs
- Work with the QA team to ensure high-quality delivery with unit and integration tests
- Ensure service scalability through effective code and data storage design
What does it take
- Solid experience in software development
- Being able to clearly communicate your ideas, solutions and talk about them with the team
- Understanding of how different data storage engines work and what are the limitations (SQL, NoSQL, key-value -stores)
- Strong collaboration and communication skills in English, Finnish is a bonus
We also appreciate
- Experience in Node.js
What you get
- A kick-ass environment at the heart of Helsinki
- Generous health care package and sick child care service
- Massage every other week and endless usage of a massage chair
- A music room made for those who are or want to become rock stars
- Social events, parties and global hack events for tech savvy employees
- Free rental of PS4 and Xbox consoles and games
- The chance to play floorball, badminton and table tennis
- A workplace where opinions are valued, the chance to work with the coolest technologies and an opportunity to be part of changing the mobile gaming industry
Your location is not an issue – we’ll help you relocate. Check inside our studios at www.unity3d.com/helsinki