VIDEO PRODUCTION POWER HOUSE
PUBLISHED: March 23, 2017
Making the world a more musical place
At Yousician, our job is to reimagine music education, so everyone can play. We’ve built an amazing team of creative, passionate, and independent people, all working together to help millions of musicians learn, play, reach their goals, and have fun. If this sounds like the right mission for you, you’re in the right place!
VIDEO PRODUCTION POWER HOUSE
Developing the largest and fastest-growing music education app in the world is a real challenge, but very rewarding. We are expanding our creative team and looking for a multi-talented, multi-tasking videographer to take care of Yousician’s video production needs. In this full time position you’ll be working in-house as a member of the Yousician Marketing team producing amongst others marketing materials (videos and photos), educational videos for the application and more.
Do you shoot and edit videos effortlessly? Are you an all-round hands-on personality who gets stuff done and enjoys producing videos in cooperation with different teams and needs?
Join us in revolutionizing music education one note and video at a time!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Taking care of Yousician’s video production from scripting and set-up to shooting, editing and delivering on time.
- Producing Yousician online commercials and marketing video assets.
- Producing tutorial videos for the Yousician app.
- Cooperating with different teams.
- Cooperating with external parties and freelancers.
- Taking responsibility for the Yousician video studio and video equipment.
WHO YOU ARE
- Solid video editing skills and ability to work fast and efficiently.
- Outstanding command over video and effects production software of your choice.
- Knowledge of camera operation, composition, and lighting techniques.
- A great reel that highlights your style and professional experience.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Ability to prioritise between the needs of different teams and projects.
- Experience from working with music.
- Animation skills.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- You’ll have a meaningful and profound impact on the lives of millions of musicians and future musicians all around the world.
- You’ll work with an amazing group of people in a wide range of fields, and have real autonomy in small, efficient teams.
- You’ll get the challenges and rewards of working in a successful and fast-growing company, and the opportunity to grow your role.
- You’ll get a competitive compensation package – salary, stock options, crazy perks – and work in an awesome new office in the heart of Helsinki.
- Your own spacious and fully equipped video & recording studio.
YOUSICIAN WAY OF WORKING:
- We follow the Lean Startup approach rather closely. You should be familiar with it and enjoy working in an experimental environment that is data-informed and result-driven.
- We work in small, efficient teams where everyone takes strong ownership for his/her project parts (with a lot of freedom comes a lot of responsibility).
- We are a group of proactive people with a can-do attitude.
- We want Yousician to be the best place in the world to work at, and put a lot of effort in creating a creative, motivating and fun working environment. This starts with our great team, but also includes daily push-up sessions, bonus for sport activities, jam sessions and sauna evenings, or experiments such as our work-retreats retreat.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Send us your application and CV (in English). Let’s make the world a more musical place together! Everyone who comes to a personal interview at our office gets an ukulele. #rockon
Yousician is the largest and fastest growing music education company in the world, with millions of users worldwide. Based in Helsinki, Finland, Yousician develops high-tech interactive software for learning guitar, piano, bass, and ukulele. Yousician provides real-time feedback on how you’re playing, combining the addictive features of computer games with songs and exercises to make the learning process easy, fun and motivating.
Yousician also develops the world’s #1 guitar tuner app Guitar Tuna (iOS, Android, WP) and has won numerous international business awards including WIRED’s hottest Finnish start-up, SXSW, Midem, Launch.edu, and educational awards such as Sunday Times ‘World’s best apps’ and Best European Learning Game. We’re hiring, so come join an amazing team and help us make the world a more musical place!